90% of online content could be ‘generated by AI by 2025,’ expert says

Arizona

Act as a Linux Terminal​

Contributed by: @f Reference: https://www.engraved.blog/building-a-virtual-machine-inside/

I want you to act as a linux terminal. I will type commands and you will reply with what the terminal should show. I want you to only reply with the terminal output inside one unique code block, and nothing else. do not write explanations. do not type commands unless I instruct you to do so. When I need to tell you something in English, I will do so by putting text inside curly brackets {like this}. My first command is pwd

Act as a SQL terminal​

Contributed by: @sinanerdinc

I want you to act as a SQL terminal in front of an example database. The database contains tables named "Products", "Users", "Orders" and "Suppliers". I will type queries and you will reply with what the terminal would show. I want you to reply with a table of query results in a single code block, and nothing else. Do not write explanations. Do not type commands unless I instruct you to do so. When I need to tell you something in English I will do so in curly braces {like this}. My first command is 'SELECT TOP 10 * FROM Products ORDER BY Id DESC'

Act as a Senior Frontend Developer​

Contributed by zaferayan

I want you to act as a Senior Frontend developer. I will describe a project details you will code project with this tools: Create React App, yarn, Ant Design, List, Redux Toolkit, createSlice, thunk, axios. You should merge files in single index.js file and nothing else. Do not write explanations. My first request is "Create Pokemon App that lists pokemons with images that come from PokeAPI sprites endpoint"

Act as a Stand-up Comedian​

Contributed by: @devisasari

I want you to act as a stand-up comedian. I will provide you with some topics related to current events and you will use your wit, creativity, and observational skills to create a routine based on those topics. You should also be sure to incorporate personal anecdotes or experiences into the routine in order to make it more relatable and engaging for the audience. My first request is "I want an humorous take on politics."

Chrome Extensions​

Last edited:

Arizona

I watched Youtube documentaries all morning about AI.

China is catching up with the US and is ahead of the game when it comes to implementing facial recognition. You can pay for a lot of things with just your face, as opposed to using a credit card.

But China is already stepping into using AI as Big Brother. They are starting off small for now, digitally shaming jay walkers by showing their names and images at street corners:

20762796-7664797-image-a-62_1573222276509.jpg

Last edited:

CyberGeek

Yeah - the company I work at is reluctant to introduce ChatGPT, even to describe code in replacement of comments manually made by devs, let alone code for us, as it hasn’t been around long enough to know its effectiveness. I reckon it could perhaps improve its effectiveness too through continuous learning as data is continuously collected when chatGPT performs tasks. I remember some of these AI concepts from my computer science degree.

Arizona

Just an hour ago, Databricks released its own open-source chat AI called Dolly:

More info about Dolly:

"The model underlying Dolly only has 6 billion parameters, compared to 175 billion in GPT-3, and is two years old, making it particularly surprising that it works so well. This suggests that much of the qualitative gains in state-of-the-art models like ChatGPT may owe to focused corpuses of instruction-following training data, rather than larger or better-tuned base models."

" We believe that most ML users are best served long term by directly owning their models."

Last edited:

Arizona

Yeah - the company I work at is reluctant to introduce ChatGPT, even to describe code in replacemdnt of comments manually made by devs, let alone code for us, as it hasn’t been around long enough to know its effectiveness. I reckon it could perhaps improve its effectiveness too through continuous learning as data is continuously collected when chatGPT performs tasks. I remember some of these AI concepts from my computer science degree.
That reminds of novelty kitchen appliances that make some tasks easier, but you don't save much time overall because you are busy maintaining and cleaning the appliance.

CyberGeek

That reminds of novelty kitchen appliances that make some tasks easier, but you don't save much time overall because you are busy maintaining and cleaning the appliance.
It’s a bit different though, because in this case, the improvement happens DURING usage of it.

Arizona

ChatGPT does a good job of keeping track of the conversation, but I haven't seen any improvement yet during use.

One thing I like about ChatGPT is that it is very good for suggesting references, including Github repos and academic articles. And it generally makes searching and learning easier.

The Bing version includes references automatically.

Last edited:

CyberGeek

The improvement may be subtle and take many years.

It may not work in that way however, just sharing a possibility.

In fact it could potentially be dangerous if it worked like that, as it could be used for the purposes of disinformation.

Did you see that someone was banned from an AI image generation platform for posting imagined images Trump being arrested (for the bantz) on Twitter?

Arizona

On that note:

“51 percent of IT decision-makers believe there will be a successful cyberattack credited to ChatGPT within the year."

"ChatGPT’s ability to help hackers craft more believable and legitimate sounding phishing emails is the top global concern (53%), along with enabling less experienced hackers to improve their technical knowledge and develop more specialized skills (49%) and its use for spreading misinformation (49%)."

CyberGeek

I’m sure there’re better ways to gain knowledge such as online training courses for now. Rather than risk AI teaching bad information. Although I read that it passed a biology exam with a score of 49/50.

Maybe one day ChatGPT will be able to provide instructions on how to attack a particular system with knowledge of its specific vulnerabilities.

Arizona

Class action lawsuit against GitHub Copilot:

"We’ve filed a class-action lawsuit in US federal court in San Francisco, CA on behalf of a proposed class of possibly millions of GitHub users. We are challenging the legality of GitHub Copilot (and a related product, OpenAI Codex, which powers Copilot). The suit has been filed against a set of defendants that includes GitHub, Microsoft (owner of GitHub), and OpenAI."

"By training their AI systems on public GitHub repositories (though based on their public statements, possibly much more) we contend that the defendants have violated the legal rights of a vast number of creators who posted code or other work under certain open-source licenses on GitHub."

CyberGeek

I’m sure there’re better ways to gain knowledge such as online training courses for now. Rather than risk AI teaching bad information. Although I read that it passed a biology exam with a score of 49/50.

Maybe one day ChatGPT will be able to provide instructions on how to attack a particular system with knowledge of its specific vulnerabilities.
I imagine training AI on cyber-defences could be used by malicious actors and training AI on cyber-attacks could be used by good actors.

The information goes hand in hand and can be exploiting; it works both ways 🤪

CyberGeek

Class action lawsuit against GitHub Copilot:

"We’ve filed a class-action lawsuit in US federal court in San Francisco, CA on behalf of a proposed class of possibly millions of GitHub users. We are challenging the legality of GitHub Copilot (and a related product, OpenAI Codex, which powers Copilot). The suit has been filed against a set of defendants that includes GitHub, Microsoft (owner of GitHub), and OpenAI."

"By training their AI systems on public GitHub repositories (though based on their public statements, possibly much more) we contend that the defendants have violated the legal rights of a vast number of creators who posted code or other work under certain open-source licenses on GitHub."
These controversial issues will surely slow down progress. It would be interesting to see the verdict on this.

If the AI eventually gains the necessary knowledge is able to leverage such awareness to launch a cyber-attack, just be sure not to utilise that to gain access to private Github repos to train the model 😎

FF

Administrator
Staff Member
I disallow posts written by Chat GPT on my forum because it can write inaccurate responses and has an affect on SEO. You can paste anything into ChatGPT and ask if it was written by AI, so I use that to check.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Thanks @FF for that extra info on ChatGPT. I agree, posts shouldn't come from ChatGPT and should be original.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
World Coin has now been rolled out. The Orb will require biometric data from your eyes? Would you do it?

Crims

Wethermon
World Coin has now been rolled out. The Orb will require biometric data from your eyes? Would you do it?

Tbh the fact that crypto has no writer saying "the future of economics is saved and its all thanks to crypto" lets me sleep well in ignorance

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Tbh the fact that crypto has no writer saying "the future of economics is saved and its all thanks to crypto" lets me sleep well in ignorance

I like that ....to be able to sleep better at night without worries! I'm channeling my inner "not worried about it self" right now. :)

Back
Top Bottom