Jordan

TheURL

Just did an 8 day tour around Jordan and made this short (19 minute) film - it covers Amman, Petra, Wadi Rum, the Dead Sea, and the desert castles of the north and east. I'm particularly pleased with the opening sound track, which uses the call to prayer (that I recorded while sitting in a park), blended with a song called "Scorpion Desert" - I think it works really well. Anyway, see what you think. Best watched on a proper TV with a good sound system, rather than fiddly little phone screen.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Mars

Staff Member
Just did an 8 day tour around Jordan and made this short (19 minute) film HERE - it covers Amman, Petra, Wadi Rum, the Dead Sea, and the desert castles of the north and east. I'm particularly pleased with the opening sound track, which uses the call to prayer (that I recorded while sitting in a park), blended with a song called "Scorpion Desert" - I think it works really well. Anyway, see what you think. Best watched on a proper TV with a good sound system, rather than fiddly little phone screen.
I liked your film, URL, you certainly have a knack to convey atmosphere.

Whenever I see pictures of ancient depictions of animals, be it in mosaics or cave wall paintings, I think to myself how true to life they are. How precisely did the ancient artists capture the essence of the creatures they have immortalized.
So much so, that in your film of the ancient mosaics, I actually felt for the wild beasts, facing the hunters coming at them with long spears and hunting dogs. Very realistic. (noted they were all right handed).

You also managed to convey the grandeur and massiveness of Petra. People look so tiny next to those towering ancient temples and red rock formations.

And then there is the marketplace, multi colored and noisy; I paused at the dryfruit and nuts stall: ahhh dates!

I think I could spy with my little eye Medjool and Deglet Noor dates. (I bet you couldn't possibly guess I like dates? 🙃 ).

And finally, just to remind us that where there are people there would be rubbish....we see litter strewn about, next to some big rubbish bins, and you ask "....why are these bins there?!" Indeed! Why?

So thank you for posting your travel film, URL, the sound tracks work well, you do have The Knack.

TheURL

Hi Mars - many thanks for your comments - you are clearly very observant! Regarding the litter/bins; I always try to include a few subtle negatives, if only to imply a degree of honesty - but trying not to offend the local people, which is not always easy! You've actually made my day - I so often get disappointingly little feedback, even from the other people I travel with, so your attention to the detail is very rewarding. If you're able to replicate anything on my channel that would be superb! But no problem if you're not keen. For what it's worth, the next trip will be a 10 day tour of Ireland in May, followed by a 24 day tour of South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe - so there will be more to follow in due course. Best wishes - S

Back
Top Bottom