The Funny Pics Thread

TheURL

This will either make you laugh, or p*ss you off big-time. Personally I find most incorrect humour acceptable so long as there is at least something vaguely intelligent about it. When I grew up (if indeed I have) you said what you liked until it actually upset someone, and then you offered profuse but genuine apologies. You did not spend your days hunting for opportunities for offence that could theoretically be taken by persons unknown to you - and then planting your flag on that spot. Arguably my childhood days and today's woke world are extremes of the pendulum swing, and somewhere in between is a happier medium.
WhatsApp Image 2023-12-31 at 18.43.50_cba15507.jpg

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
What you're talking about is political correctness and a lot of it I disagree with too, especially deciding what's offensive or not on behalf of unknown third parties, eg renaming Christmas to Holiday Season or similar bollocks on behalf of people who don't actually care about this and said so. It was all over the news a few years ago. On the other hand, it's good in that it discourages discrimination on the basis of things like disability, weight, height, medical issues and so on, which I do agree with.

As usual, common sense is needed here, which is something woefully short in the population at large and especially in groups that may advocate for these things and may well go to extremes about them and be a pain in the ass to everyone.

TheURL

I mean, there's an uber-flimsy argument for suggesting the moon is flat. You can know the Earth is not flat, because you can travel all the way around and end up back where you started. But you only have to look up in the sky and you can "see" that the moon is flat. The Sun is also flat - they'll all flat - except the Earth!! :)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The moon is just a flat projection on the dome firmament! Depending on which flerf you ask, anyway.

I'm sorry, but I just can't get round how anyone could believe any of this twaddle with abundant evidence to the contrary. They must have a degree in cognitive dissonance or something.

TheURL

People should feel sorry for robots - they're discriminated against on an almost daily basis. They can't buy anything online so they have to go to the shops for everything. It must be awful being a robot.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Your last two posts are funny. I can totally relate to the mat that says text so the dogs won't bark and go nuts. 😁

Back
Top Bottom