The Funny Pics Thread

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Only seen parts of Chucky throughout the years. Now I'll always see Chucky in Truss. 😱

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I'm so glad I wasn't drinking tea at this moment while catching up on these posts, because I would have added an extra unwanted feature to my keyboard💧 ....ROTF :ROFLMAO:

Arantor

There are times I wish The Register’s reaction icons were standard. The aforementioned “you owe me a new keyboard” is one of them.

Theyre not strictly “reactions”, but more a per-post icon that flavours the intended meaning of the poster.

Guest posts all are logged as “Anonymous Coward” with a V-for-Vendetta mask. But other than that… see attached. Most of them are in-joke related, but if you’re curious I can explain, just not right this second…

Attachments

• CF68F381-6B3D-4F9E-94B5-21B8B1AF8637.jpeg
    CF68F381-6B3D-4F9E-94B5-21B8B1AF8637.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 3

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I remember when I registered for their forums about 15 years ago, they were the most abusive I'd ever experienced. The mods would take the piss out of my posts and edit them to say something stupid, among other things as all part of "a joke". Yeah, they were a joke alright, couldn't believe what I was seeing and soon left. It was all done under the pretext of the "irreverent humour" of the site, however, it was anything but, just hardcore bullying by assholes given too much power.

I wonder if they've cleaned up their act since then, but I'm not going back there no matter what. I still read the site occasionally, which was one of the first that I started reading regularly in the late 90s. Better sites have come along since then.

It's experiences like this especially, which have made me vow to never abuse my position here, treating members fairly and with respect. So far I seem to be doing pretty well while crushing the trolls. :)

Arantor

I never ventured into the proper forums there, only the comments on the articles. They’re clearly a lot tamer from the sounds of things, but from what I saw the outlook was always broadly one of not tolerating fools gladly.

El Reg has always been a home of snark: a site who for most of its life had the tagline “Biting the hand that feeds IT” is not likely to be all sunshine and roses, and for much of its life the snark was also very much the editorial line in its stories too. I can very well see how that might turn into a haven of what appears to be toxic elitism, but isn’t necessarily actually so - just hostile towards people who don’t necessarily align with their values, which doesn’t *have* to be the same thing.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yes, snark is their trademark style, but my comments weren't stupid or anything. Just regular, yet they chose to abuse their position.

Imagine the post you just made being completely replaced by something else where you're apparently saying something moronic and you get the picture.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I have a real life screen capture to share from a recent online shopping experience at Whole Foods. I'm almost too embarrassed to share it, but I'm going to anyway, because it's an epic photography goof or was it? :ROFLMAO:

heartland bread goof.png
heartland bread goof 1.png

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Starbucks Man that makes my brain hurt! Feel free to start your own optical illusions thread if you like. I've got a couple of doozies I can put on there. :cool:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I don't know whether to laugh or say "awww....look at that smart penguin". :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom