The Russia-Ukraine war thread

Tiffany

Staff member
“The new complex has the highest tactical and technical characteristics and is capable of overcoming all modern means of anti-missile defense. It has no analogues in the world and won’t have for a long time to come,”

While we all have been sleeping for two decades Russia has been building a complex plan of dominance. Only this month, US, UK, and Australia are coming together to develop super sonic weaponry which China and Russia already have. Politics aside, in my humble opinion, countries of peace and western democracy should always be in development of technology to protect. In reference to the US, our changing of the guard every four years or eight years has issues, because President's that come in have their own agenda, but to me, no President should take their eyes off of the countries that intend to go rouge and cause great harm. They take their eyes off the ball to promote useless social issues that are dividing the US people to a serious breaking point. *Not saying that social issues are not important, it's specific issues that are used to pit our people against each other to divide us is my issue.

I'm very concerned for the people of UK and all of Europe and US in the cross hairs of this horrific scorched earth war on Ukraine and potentially taken beyond Ukraine in a nuclear attack. There is "no win" in a nuclear war among our countries and there is no way to stop this missile if Putin releases it, as stated above from your article, no other country can use any counter measures to stop it. It's terrifying.

Retro

Founder
Staff member
I never thought I'd agree with anything that Russia has to say about their invasion of Ukraine, but in one thing I do.

They've accused the West of fighting a proxy war with Russia by feeding arms and supplies to Ukraine, prolonging the war. The West deny this. Well, that's true isn't it? Isn't that the very definition of a proxy?

Having said that, of course, I'm in favour of the West fighting Russia in any way they can and damn "fairness". Russia has been grotesquely unfair to their victim, Ukraine, hasn't it? On no account must Putin win this war.

Besides the savage injustice to Ukraine, Putin's megalomaniac, psychotic invasion ambitions will keep spreading throughout Europe like a cancer, eventually into NATO countries, sparking a full-on third world war. The Ukrainian president has already been warning of this. Alas, in my opinion, that war is coming anyway unless we can stop Putin in his tracks and quickly.

And the escalating threats of nuclear war and therefore WW3 by this despot really aren't helping matters. If you're not feeling uneasy about this, then you should.

Both articles discuss Russia threatening the UK with nukes - the home of NerdZone. Getting ugly and dangerous, isn't it?

Tiffany

Staff member
It almost seems improper to "like" your post, so to clarify, the "like" is to acknowledge your valid concerns, your opinions on point and your reflection of the dire situation of your countries safety. I have also read some really serious news between yesterday and today. I didn't even want to bring up your second article because that was so profoundly frightening to read and even fathom. All I can say, is American stands with the UK.

Retro

Founder
Staff member
Thankyou Tiff, UK and America best friends forever.

I see so much anti-American sentiment in the news and online that it makes me sick. They’ve done more for world peace than any other country yet get vilified for it. For example, who finally stopped WW2 in its tracks? America with its two nukes. They were pretty horrible, obviously, but they had a wider benefit.

Feel free to sound off on anything you like.

A sad face against my post would also be appropriate, if you’re not happy with a like.

Tiffany

Staff member
Yes, US and UK with their special relationship. There was a conversation that Prime Minister Tony Blair had with President Bush, years ago. PM Blair was sharing how special the US and UK were to each other and added and I'm paraphrasing, "except for that little fire at the White House in 1814". It was such a light hearted conversation. I will never forget Bush and Blair together.

Like and Unlike...that's the conflict with happy and sad faces. You almost have to explain yourself, no worries, I type fast....I'll add context anytime.

I'll have to think about how to sound off my thoughts, lol....you may not want me too, after all. :cool:

Retro

Founder
Staff member
$33bn aid to Ukraine by America! Clearly Biden isn't cowed by threats of nuclear war from Putin, the world's worst thug.

"It's not cheap," Mr Biden said on Thursday.
"But caving to aggression is going to be more costly if we allow it to happen."

Exactly. Biden gets it. It will be costly in freedom, our Western way of living, threatening with us with tyrannical dictatorships, not just in money so Biden is protecting that.

Tiffany

Staff member
It's indeed a significant financial strain on all of the NATO countries. It gives me anxiety looking at the numbers. Though, worse, the daily doom and spiraled fear of what's next? I pray for safety everyday for your country and the other countries of Europe.

Freedom doesn't come free. Younger generations now are not aware of the level of freedom some countries have had and how much freedom has been lost. The US is actually less free then the UK if you look at recent 2021-2022 reports. I found it very surprising, but none the less, confirming of the imposed restrictions in so many areas of our daily lives. Regulation is almost too constrictive if you are a small business. It's kind of like websites from the 90's and early 2000's. If you were an established website with a strong member base, you were likley to survive and thrive when FB, Twitter and the others that followed established their presence. Same for well established business, from a few decades ago. They have been able to thrive but in our current US business environment, adding to that the era of the pandemic, it's very difficult to compete. My daughter just did a paper on the history of the internet and I was surprised to learn that LinkedIn was the first.

Bionic_Rooster

My apologies if I was a little dark. I should never post early in the morning after reading the news! 😞
No apology needed. From darkness comes light. I agree that whom ever pushes the button first, it is likely to be EMP with nukes to follow.

Bionic_Rooster

Sadly, nothing Putin says can be believed other than his threats to use nukes if he doesn't get his own way. And frankly anything that comes out of Bidens mouth has been choreographed by his handlers. When he's off script his state of mind is evidenced. One Example is when he shakes hands with no one.
Many more Biden gaffs are recorded on youtube.
And I believe Putin will be in the same senile ward.

Tiffany

Staff member
No apology needed. From darkness comes light. I agree that whom ever pushes the button first, it is likely to be EMP with nukes to follow.
Thank you!! :)
Sadly, nothing Putin says can be believed other than his threats to use nukes if he doesn't get his own way. And frankly anything that comes out of Bidens mouth has been choreographed by his handlers. When he's off script his state of mind is evidenced. One Example is when he shakes hands with no one.
Many more Biden gaffs are recorded on youtube.
And I believe Putin will be in the same senile ward.
Wow, I missed this one with Biden!! :eek:

Retro

Founder
Staff member
Sadly, nothing Putin says can be believed other than his threats to use nukes if he doesn't get his own way.
Alas, that's my fear too. I think it's a case of his thinking is that if he can't get his way then no one else can, even if that means killing himself and everybody else to thwart them. That makes this psychotic megalomaniac extremely dangerous. I think that the solution to this problem is obvious, but I'd rather not say it in public.

Retro

Founder
Staff member
Obviously, I'm not normally glad when someone is sick, possibly with cancer, but it's an exception for the megalomaniac psycho murderer that is Putin. If he dies, then hopefully this war will come to an end, although I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Retro

Founder
Staff member
And what makes Putin's war even more sickening, is that since as someone who's quite sick himself, he knows exactly what it feels like, yet he's happy to inflict suffering and death on millions. If those aren't the actions of a psychopath, then I don't know what are.

You can probably tell that I'm not a Putin fan.

Tiffany

Staff member
Sometimes I think, if he feels if he has to leave this earthly place then everyone else needs to go too, and that will make it all better for him, hence the nuke threats. Like, "if I can't play in my sandbox (P), then no one gets to play anymore". But that's psychotic behavior, like you said.

Retro

Founder
Staff member
Exactly. And I do think he's mad enough to do it. I just hope that there are enough checks and balances in the regime to prevent it.

Tiffany

Staff member
Well, I was a bit worried about Russia's celebration day. I've noticed our daily news is not covering the Ukraine war hourly anymore. I find that disturbing. I don't think there's anything of importance that can take it's place. I really don't care for coverage that spans for a week on how Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at the Oscar Awards. That's the kind of news that keeps popping back up. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. We have a serious threat, people are being killed and the rhetoric keeps going up....sigh..

Retro

Founder
Staff member
Looks like Russia's "celebration day" didn't come to much and the expected threats from Putin to the West didn't materialise. This is a really good sign and suggests to me that perhaps we don't have to worry so much about those nuclear threats from him. All we can do is wait and see.

Retro

Founder
Staff member
This is fabulous news, if true and I suspect it is.

Destroyed tank.jpg

I'd like to see Putin captured before he dies of cancer and face justice in the form of a proper court trial in Ukraine and face the humiliation of being convicted as a war criminal and thrown in jail, or handed the death sentence (better). There really is no way back for this abomination of a human being. He's a disgrace to the human race.

In an exclusive interview with Sky News, Major General Kyrylo Budanov also said a coup to remove Vladimir Putin is already under way in Russia and the Russian leader is seriously ill with cancer.

Tiffany

Staff member
Major General Kyrylo Budanov seems pretty certain, mid-August, specifically. The world is very hopeful that this brutal war will end.

My weather junkie self pondered the general's certainty about mid-August. There can be only two reasons and that would be the severe cold starts returning to Ukraine and the fall harvest. Fighting in severe cold, mud and rain at a changing season would be futile, though it's done. The other point is that Ukraine and Russia are the bread basket of the world and with our already dire in the future wheat shortage, maybe they expect Russia to either pull back or just give up because Ukraine keeps giving them a daily shellacking. Also to note, if Russia is losing so many troops, then Russia will also need the man-power to harvest for their own country. I don't know, trying to put some logic to the general's optimism and be hopeful that he's right.

Ukraine's seasonal weather: Season's in Ukraine

Tiffany

Staff member
Now that Finland is applying for a quick acceptance into NATO, Putin is mobilizing nukes towards Finland. 😖