16 Endangered Animals for 2024

data66

I believe I'm posting this in the correct area and that it conforms to the rules. If not, please remove/move. This thread is in regards to endangered species and a wake up call for some animals we may never see again. Some may surprise you to find on the list. I will link the IFAW website as they were founded in 1969 and are still highly involved in conservation. The post I'm referencing is:

and the images are all safe, nothing gory or bad.

You'll note when you read down the list that a theme throughout is the human factor in the loss of these beautiful creatures if nothing is done.

In the list is the box turtle. We have box turtles here and they've been endangered for a while now. Though this list shows the Asia box turtle.

I knew about rhinos, elephants and gorilla, as well as big cats. I didn't know about the spider monkeys and macaw. Some of the creatures in that article, I had never seen or heard of. They are unique and beautiful.

I wanted to get a sound from a Pangolin but apparently, they have no vocal cords. Instead, here's a Vaquitas porpoise, only less than 20 left in the world.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Amazing pictures of these beautiful animals. Some I haven't seen before like the spider monkey, the saloas, the vaquita and the pangolins. Those lemurs are breath taking. Thank you for adding the vaquita sound. I love dolphins and porpoises, just love and appreciate wildlife. In your article, there is such a low amount of each endangered animal that exists. I hope the countries where these animals exist have strong programs to protect these animals from extinction.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
data66, your thread is fine and is in the right section, don't worry. :)

I've edited your first link so that it unfurls nicely, making for a more readable post - just place a link on its own line with nothing either side and it will usually do that. If not, it means that the site is missing some meta data.

As usual, these poor animals are the innocent victims of climate change and corruption since they don't have a voice. It's so cruel and inhumane, making me very angry.

Back
Top Bottom