Accommodations

Nebulous

What kind of accommodation do you choose to stay in when you go somewhere?

Have you stayed in Airbnb accommodation?

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Always a hotel. I would not stay in an Airbnb, having seen one for real (when my husband and I were looking for a beach property) and the living options with a shared bathroom etc....naw...that I couldn't do....:eek:....just like my own private room where I can lock the door. ;)

Arantor

Never go AirBnB - they've become a self-parody at this point and worse than the thing they intended to disrupt (hotels). There are more and more horror stories of people listing their property for x/night and then there's heaps of hidden fees that easily make it more than a hotel for the night.

Crims

Wethermon
What kind of accommodation do you choose to stay in when you go somewhere?

Have you stayed in Airbnb accommodation?
I'd hotel all the way, or find the equivalent of BnBs in that country. I was advised it as a general good policy from holiday planners last time I travelled. For one, you get to see a lot more.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
No Airbnb for me, thanks. With just some private member renting out their rooms you have no idea what you're getting. Gross.

A good quality hotel with a decent reputation for me.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Just this past week, three people died from carbon monoxide poising staying in an Airbnb in Mexico City. This isn't the first time I've seen this kind of headline for carbon monoxide cause of deaths.

Nebulous

I was just on vacation recently. I stayed at a couple different places because we were going to different cities and doing different things.

I stayed at a family members house for a couple days. I stayed in a really nice fancy hotel for a night. I stayed in a decent hotel/motel for a night. I stayed in a cheap motel near the airport the last night.

I'd have to say the fancy hotel I stayed in was the best. It was a 20 story building and we were in the 19th floor. Great view. They also had a pool on the roof of the building which was pretty neat.

Back
Top Bottom