Analog computing is like the second coming according to this video

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I'm quite skeptical of the claims made in this video, but nevertheless, it makes for a good talking point. In particular, how has Aspinity solved the critical problem of an analog system being sensitive to noise and having slightly inconsistent outputs for the same inputs? They say they've done it, but not made any attempt to explain it, which sounds fishy to me and also to the posters in the YouTube comments. So far, this level of consistency has only been achieved in the digital domain.

They also claim it will significantly lower power consumption, but not really explained how other than that A/D and D/A conversion doesn't need to be done, but it's gotta be more than that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Crims

Wethermon
IMHO it's a great, necessary idea. It's like 'hey, why should we need a digital computer for every interaction?' I'm doubtful of analog appearing in the future because it requires high priced components (in man hours not the actual components) though there's less room for software, and thats something I approve of.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Problem with techie stuff is that it is so beyond many persons understanding whether we accept it or not depends on the person explaining. Encryption is a prime example, we are told if there is a padlock it is all encrypted and safe, how do we honestly know? Appreciate network sniffers could show if data is plain or encrypted but how safe? Wasn't wifi WEP considered OK once?

Technology is moving at an incredible pace, AI is fascinating but with such complexity not sure how one solves a problem when one arises.

Geffers

Back
Top Bottom