Anyone know what part this is exactly?

MortonsFork

Hi all!

Me and my friend bought some storage and this was found from there. Can somebody please tell me what this is and what to do with it? I cannot find 100% like this from anywhere

Attachments

• back1.jpg
    back1.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 18
  • front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 15

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This is clearly a server of some kind. Could you please take a picture of the top side, clearly showing the writing on the labels to help us identify what it is?

If there are also labels on the bottom, we'll have those too.

Welcome to NerdZone. :)

MortonsFork

Thank you very much for warm welcomes! Here is picture from the top, i dont know if it helps. If this is treasure, good that we did not sell this for 100€ immediately to one guy who wanted this :D

Attachments

• from top1.jpg
    from top1.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 11

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Those labels don't help. Isn't there a model number anywhere on it? I see that sticker in the latest picture has dell.com on it and the brand is Pelco. The Pelco website's About page says:

Pelco is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of predictive video security solutions, including video surveillance cameras, video management and recording systems, security software, and aligned services.

This suggests that it's part of a CCTV system, perhaps a storage array. We really need that model number to have any hope of identifying it.

And yeah, if it's anywhere near current and still works, then 100 Euros is way too cheap for it.

MortonsFork

Those labels don't help. Isn't there a model number anywhere on it? I see that sticker in the latest picture has dell.com on it and the brand is Pelco. The Pelco website's About page says:

This suggests that it's part of a CCTV system, perhaps a storage array. We really need that model number to have any hope of identifying it.

And yeah, if it's anywhere near current and still works, then 100 Euros is way too cheap for it.
Sorry, im n00b in these things :D i will send picture in the evening. And big thank you for your effort, I did not know that ppl are this helpfull so fast in here :)

MortonsFork

Hello! These was found at the side of the equipment, then I was brave enought to open this. There is picture of inside also. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• picture 2.jpg
    picture 2.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 4
  • picture1.jpg
    picture1.jpg
    936.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 8

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Ok, had a look at those new pictures and it's still hard to get a clear answer, but Googling it leads to various results, including these two:

It's definitely made by Dell, but since it's branded Pelco, you could perhaps try contacting them and see if you get a proper reply back. Be prepared for them to ignore you, though.

And again, assuming it still works, it's definitely worth more than 100 Euros.

MortonsFork

Ok, had a look at those new pictures and it's still hard to get a clear answer, but Googling it leads to various results, including these two:

It's definitely made by Dell, but since it's branded Pelco, you could perhaps try contacting them and see if you get a proper reply back. Be prepared for them to ignore you, though.

And again, assuming it still works, it's definitely worth more than 100 Euros.
Thank you Retro!

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Interesting device, as @Retro said it looks like a server so rather than buying storage you've got a computer.

Are you able to connect it up? See there are two power inputs, not sure why two 🤔 plus an older VGA video output.

Don't suppose you are near Hertfordshire at all, computer club in Welwyn Garden City has computer club meets first Friday if each month, they would sort it for you.

Geffers

MortonsFork

Interesting device, as @Retro said it looks like a server so rather than buying storage you've got a computer.

Are you able to connect it up? See there are two power inputs, not sure why two 🤔 plus an older VGA video output.

Don't suppose you are near Hertfordshire at all, computer club in Welwyn Garden City has computer club meets first Friday if each month, they would sort it for you.

Geffers
Too bad I am not near your location to participate.... I can try to connect it, but i would not know what to do after that:D Maybe I just go to some tech company with that, if somebody is willing to buy it. If not, I send it to you ;)

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
It is fascinating getting older technology working, may have to give RiscOS a go on my Raspberry Pi

Geffers

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh yeah, super quick and ahead alright.

I remember going to a shop and playing around with an Archimedes. I hit List on a BASIC program and it absolutely flew up the screen! I wanted to buy it just for that, but I had nowhere near a grand back in 1997/8.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Oh yeah, super quick and ahead alright.

I remember going to a shop and playing around with an Archimedes. I hit List on a BASIC program and it absolutely flew up the screen! I wanted to buy it just for that, but I had nowhere near a grand back in 1997/8.
It was pricey, recall Claudia was only around 9 at the time and she was struggling with school work due to dyslexia, I ended up writing a few basic and later machine code programs to help her with spelling. Can't recall actual cost but do remember it being a tidy penny.

Geffers

Astro What

To find out what it is and how it was spec'd out at Dell all you have to do is go to the Dell website and enter the service tag number.
It should give you quite a bit of information.

Back
Top Bottom