Boston Robotics Dog

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
A fascinating 12 minute video on the development of the Boston Robotics 'dog'

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geffers

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I've seen so many programs and videos about this. Absolutely fascinating.

I remember early prototypes were big, bulky, noisy and attached with long wires to the ceiling. The production variants are battery powered, much sleeker and better performing. It's especially impressive how you can try to push one over with a big shove from your foot and it doesn't fall over. Will watch the video a bit later.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
I've seen so many programs and videos about this. Absolutely fascinating.

I remember early prototypes were big, bulky, noisy and attached with long wires to the ceiling. The production variants are battery powered, much sleeker and better performing. It's especially impressive how you can try to push one over with a big shove from your foot and it doesn't fall over. Will watch the video a bit later.
Recall around 12 years back I was at British Museum and saw a guy in a wheelchair. the chair somehow balanced on its main big wheels and rose so that the guy was able to see the display, it was balancing on its back wheels. Being fascinated I spoke to the guy and he actually said to push him slightly, reassuring me he would not over balance. That technology was being developed 12 years ago.

Geffers

Back
Top Bottom