Chevrotain: wtf is that?!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I've come across the weirdest little critter called a chevrotain, which rather sounds like a model of car, but it's not. It looks like a cross between a deer and a mouse that has hooves and fangs! Seriously, this 30cm / 12 inch animal looks like a Photoshop or AI creation, but it isn't and to some looks quite unsettling.

chevrotain.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's an article about it:

And here's another where the writer humorously freaks out over it:

Mars

oh yeah, from the name you would think 'a small chevy'....never heard about this little cutie pie, what a lovely little animal.
Just shows you how much there is still to discover in our ever-diminishing flora and fauna😟...
Point is, I really loved reading and learning about this little chevy; great find Retro:)

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
What an amazing little animal....so small and fragile with so many stomachs too. I've never heard of this animal before. Cool!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
You know, this little guy definitely looks like a hybrid. Kinda like the platypus.

It actually looks a little dangerous in that YouTube screenshot.

@Mars I wonder how big the babies are. Given it's roughly the size of a miniature cat, they might be about the same size as a kitten, but I doubt they would outcute one.

Mars

I agree about the similarity to the platypus oddity. Nature certainly has imagination.
The chevy babies are probably about a tiny mouse size, and as far as cuteness, I guess the only ones rivaling kittens are lion cubs trying to imitate their enormous dad roaring: they sit there and open their mouth but all that comes out is that cute little meow....ahhhh

Back
Top Bottom