Developing Blue Tits

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
If anyone is interested a friend of mine is running a Live YouTube stream of some developing Blue Tits (British native bird) chicks. WebCam in a birdbox, only three chicks out of eight eggs are surviving, likely to fledge the nest within days.

To view live copy this address https://youtube.com/@ral-tv/live

For some reason copying this address into a browser works fine but creating a URL link on this post seems to fail.

Geffers

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This should appeal to bird lovers on here. :)

Note that YouTube links do work, but won't unfurl so there's no preview. Your link above takes me to the video.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Didn't appear to work when I used the 'insert link' option. Tried it at least three times, Google reported words to the effect - link not found.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Just paste the link like any bit of text and it will work. Similarly with pictures, just drag them into the post editor and they'll upload.

Note that .wepb isn't currently supported so you'll have to convert to .jpg first. However, it will be in XenForo 2.3 when it's released. The BBC uses .webp throughout.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
D'you know, I've never heard of webp, always tended to use jpg or png and never had an issue. Not really in to graphic manipulation so that has passed me by.

Geffers

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
lol I discovered it the hard way a couple of years ago when I couldn't insert pictures from the bbc to a forum post.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Omg....so precious! Thanks Geffers for adding this video.
Same address Wednesday.

Last year he had four successful chicks out of 6 eggs, this year only three out of 8.

One dead chick laying on nest, female had numerous attempts to get it out but chick too big.

Bird charity in UK advise leaving it as parents may abandon it, remaining chicks will probably fledge any day now anyway.

Geffers

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
I was recently watching Terminator 2 when a blue tit flew past the window - I had no clue there were any here, so my guess is the birds probably chose London for the warmth from all the pollution lol

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Hate to see small animals perish. I know that's nature's way.
I hate that too. It's the primary reason why I don't watch nature programs as there's so much cruelty and death in nature that I can't do anything about. Don't need that shoved in my face.

Back
Top Bottom