Disturbing red-flag signs you're being targeted in a cyber attack

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It pays to be increasingly aware and vigilant about these things since the number of cyber attacks is increasing quickly nowadays. And no wonder, since there's virtually no jeopardy for the criminals. Just look at all those large Indian call centres set up to scam people 24/7 as it's impossible to keep something like that secret and they're being exposed all the time. It's obvious that the government is in on it. Especially so when people fighting this like scambaiters, or anti-fraud departments around the world report it to the Indian authorities and fuck all happens.

Cybersecurity experts are raising the alarm for Brits, highlighting 'creepy' warning signs that could suggest you're in the crosshairs of a cyber attack. This comes on the back of a significant surge in cyber attacks in recent years, a trend which experts predict will only escalate.

"One of the most obvious signs that your data has been compromised is unauthorised transactions on your bank account. If you notice a suspicious transaction, you should act immediately and inform your bank."

Below, Luke shares some of the most unusual signs - and one particularly creepy sign - that indicate your data may have been compromised.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Good tips to follow, thank you!

I'll add another I just learned today from a webmaster friend of mine. It was recommended that we use a different browser for our admin user level on our websites. In other words, some webmasters have two users for their websites, one for admin use only (access to the admin panel and making admin changes) and the other user for the actual commenting, writing interactions; the real you personality of your website. When you use two separate browsers, you are protecting your admin password and access. It was also recommended to officially log out when you are done on your website, which I think we all do that, but I have come back to my computer later and realized I still had my website open and active.🙃

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Some great advice there Tiffs. I'll also add that a lot of software supports 2FA nowadays, including XenForo, so turn it on for greatly enhanced security.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Cool, yeah I agree, I feel so much better with 2FA set up on all of my important websites etc.

Back
Top Bottom