Fake musicians ‘making billions from AI songs’

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
From what I can see, the crime isn't generating music by using AI, but by using the bots to create fake listeners to rip off the music streaming services on royalties. After all, what's to stop a traditional artist from using bots too?

Fake musicians are raking in billions from creating artificial intelligence songs and uploading them to streaming websites, experts have warned.

The cyber criminals use AI to generate songs, and then deploy fake listeners known as bots to stream the music and generate profit from the royalties.

In one example, which reached court earlier this month, a man from North Carolina was alleged to have raked in $10 million by posting fake songs on platforms including Spotify and YouTube Music that were played billions of times.

Crims

Wethermon
Hmm, maybe. There's a lot of complaints that are long standing about Spotify as a whole - especially it as a failing place for billionaire rock stars. I honestly can't find a fault in it, despite knowing many career musicians. I'm honestly ambivalent to the music scene in spite of the AI situation.
edited for more punch

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom