Green hydrogen fuel has to be the answer, right?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Burning hydrogen produces pure water and no pollutants, so why don't we just hurry up and use it everywhere? As with everything related to generating power, there are downsides from lots of angles, as Sabine explains. Depressing and back to the drawing board.

I also don't like the idea of having to store this stuff at 700 bar - that's 700 times normal atmospheric pressure. This is absolutely enormous and potentially makes for a bomb if misused, or perhaps in a car crash. This is something that's not really gone into in this video, but it stands to reason for vehicular applications where these factors are much less controlled than in a static installation, say to power a building.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's another video on the same subject I found afterwards courtesy of YouTube's algorithm.

It's shorter, says essentially the same thing and has an interesting visual presentation.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I was Googling for hydrogen tank explosions when I came across this video of a truck exploding multiple times due to carrying canisters of something explosive. Don't know what was in them, but they made for some really large bangs! You wouldn't wanna be near them when they go off, for sure.

eidairman1

Just like evs having a nuclear melt down which cant be stopped and will burn a house down lol.

Back
Top Bottom