Hilarious - Linux users only

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Only Linux users will understand this, a hilarious YouTube short taking the Mickey out of Nerdy Arch Linux users.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geffers

Astro What

Arch is a PITA... and one of the few versions of Linux family (the other being Gentoo) that I won't even fool with. I am no longer young and have better things to do with the short time I have left to walk this planet.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Arch is a PITA... and one of the few versions of Linux family (the other being Gentoo) that I won't even fool with. I am no longer young and have better things to do with the short time I have left to walk this planet.
I'm a long time Ubuntu user but few years back tried an install following a video. It was successful and has been stable for a couple of years. Main system is a Debian type O/S but as both on same drive all data available to either system.

Astro What

I don't know why, but generally the folks that run Arch or Gentoo are "snobbish" when dealing with folks that run other flavors. Guess it has to do with them hiding in the dark and typing in all the cryptic commands to compile their OS anytime they want to install it instead of being able to take a few minutes and then go out and do something fun. :devilish:

And yes, I'm yanking the chain of any Arch/Gentoo users.
Honestly, for absolute security I'd prefer to be running FreeBSD.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
I don't know why, but generally the folks that run Arch or Gentoo are "snobbish" when dealing with folks that run other flavors. Guess it has to do with them hiding in the dark and typing in all the cryptic commands to compile their OS anytime they want to install it instead of being able to take a few minutes and then go out and do something fun. :devilish:

And yes, I'm yanking the chain of any Arch/Gentoo users.
100% agree about Arch users appearing snobbish, when I installed I had one minor issue, joined the arch forum and asked a simple question, got no welcome to the forum, was just told to seek help elsewhere as I dared to mention a video I had followed for installation. The fact that the video merely followed the Arch wiki fell of deaf ears. I've never bothered seeking help from the arch forum again.

I'm experienced enough with forums to know protocols and what tends to rile posters but couldn't believe with the arch forum not even a welcome. Having said that the system is simple, not bloated and has worked reliably for a couple of years. Appreciate being a rolling release things not tested like the more stable Debian and Fedora based releases.

Geffers

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Often fancied trying that but found the wifi can be very flakey, appreciate too that ethernet connection is the most secure but a wee bit inconvenient with my setup for trial purposes. I know Linux used to be quite flakey with WiFi but that does seem to have been resolved now to a large extent.

I've got two Raspberry Pi devices permanently connected to ethernet, one for VPN and PiHole and the other as a server for media files but otherwise it does tend to be wifi.

Geffers

Back
Top Bottom