How to pick up a duck!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
There's a real knack to it in this delightful "training" video. I love the humour in it too: check out the achievement unlocked gags. :LOL:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mars

Staff Member
There's a real knack to it in this delightful "training" video. I love the humour in it too: check out the achievement unlocked gags. :LOL:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
...ahhhh, what a happy ducky.
Just shows you, you can bond with almost any animal, and become pals. All you have to do is speak their language.

Note: as absurd as it may sound, most animal languages are, in fact, 'non verbal'. Yet they speak volumes.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I suspect that it worked out as well as it did because the duck knows this guy so he could make a cute video of it. I reckon trying to get in front of a duck who doesn't know you and fears you is likely to have them attack you and then run away.

Mars

Staff Member
No doubt, this was a trained duck, you could see the rings on its feet. A duck would fear a stranger approaching him, and would surely run away.
A goose is different, it might attack, as they are more related to swans, which are aggressive and territorial.

Legend has it that the Roman geese have alerted the guards when the Gauls were at the gates, and so saved the temple of Juno. The Gauls have already managed to sack the rest of the city of Rome, but have lost the element of surprise by the loud honking protest of the temple's resident flock of geese. The temple guard was immediately alerted, and repelled the invaders.

I read somewhere that the American military have used geese as guards, around some Air Defense installations in West Germany, during the cold war. No, they did not equip their geese with firearms🙃, but relied on their honking to raise the alarm🪿.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
No it certainly does not work out that way.....

Nah-huh....lol....As a long time pet owner, I've learned when I greet friends pets, I don't ever come at them directly with my hand...I always come to their side to pet them...so when I saw the hand going to the ducks face, I was like...eeek! :p

Back
Top Bottom