Mend it Mark: hardcore YouTube electronics fixit channel

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I found this fascinating newish channel from Mark Maher the other day which is full of electronics fixit (repair) videos and takes me back to the 80s and 90s when I used to do this kind of thing. Even though I haven't done this for 30+ years, I found that I still understand everything that Mark is doing. Tell you what though, I wouldn't wanna go through some of the hassles that he does to get the stuff fixed!

Note that even though the channel start date shows as 2011, the oldest video on there is from Jan 2022, so it's still relatively new.

Nerd level: hardcore techie.

Here's a couple of videos to get you started. Check out the old timey intro music at the start. Quite an odd choice for this subject I think, but adds to the atmosphere.

Here's a nice repair of a Nakamichi amplifier. Great brand which made fabulous (and hugely expensive) cassette decks from the 70s to the 90s.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just look at the hassle that Mark has to go through to get to the broken HDMI socket! He even breaks the circuit board a little bit and has to bodge fix it - shhh, don't tell the customer!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

papanerd

Do you know the title of the into music? Tried to search for it but had no success.

Mars

Staff Member
The intro tune is so timey. I like it, I like to watch Mark's repairs, his enthusiasm is infectious, he seems like a lovable guy indeed.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yeah, Mark's the best electronics repair channel out there. Not only the presentation, but he really knows his stuff, a real pro.

Back
Top Bottom