Noctua NH-D15 G2 Review & Benchmarks

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Some of you will know that I've been intending to upgrade my PC to something current for the longest time now, but still haven't pulled the trigger for various reasons. One of the things I intend to get is the latest top end Noctua CPU cooler, since my venerable NH-D14 is superb and works perfectly to this day even after being used almost continuously for around 11 years or so, until the motherboard died last December.

I've known for a long time that the Noctua NH-D15 G2 was coming and I've been waiting for it to be released, which it now has been, just a few days ago and in this professional Gamers Nexus review, it doesn't disappoint. They're one of the best PC enthusiast sites and YouTube channel on the internet, if not the best. Check out the review and see just how good it is. Check out the cheap Thermalright tower cooler that compares well with it though, if one wants to save significant money.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

live627

I've never bought Noctua anything. They are so pricey. I tend to stick with stock coolers because I never overclock anything. My CPU is locked anyway.

I run the 11700F with an old Thermaltake cooler. Apparently, LGA 1200 is the same size as LGA 1150.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yes, they're pricey for a reason though, as the review reveals.

Even if you're not an enthusiast however, it can still be worth buying a better cooler than the stock one since it will improve things like noise, temperature and reliability. Not hard and fast though. That cheap Thermalright cooler had great performance, so would be a great choice for you, assuming your case can accommodate it.

An exception are those Wraith coolers that come with AMD CPUs which are of good quality and have good performance. I wish Intel would do the same tbh.

Back
Top Bottom