Online Safety Bill - End of news for the masses

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
When the internet started it was touted as 'Information at the fingertips for the masses'. Now with Governments around the World deciding that certain misinformation (which translated means information at odds with their narrative) is to be controlled we are in the odd position now that the internet will now be denying information to the masses.

A conversation perfectly legal in the street may soon become a criminal offence if same words used online, this is insane.

The World is now in the awkward situation that individual Governments around the World appear to be acting as one to curtail the public discussion of anything the establishment deems inappropriate.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geffers

Crims

Wethermon
I have a lot of problems with censorship, but only if it means widespread propaganda.
Instead of a like my honest thoughts: I've been prepared for this for a while, and it's the main reason I joined NZ. Intelligent group conversation is worth more than news.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This is depressing and I knew it would start to happen eventually as it was just too good to be true. I'm just pleasantly surprised that it's taken around three decades for it to really start kicking in.

Back
Top Bottom