Rubik's cube solving robot smashes Guinness World record at just 0.3 seconds!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This has to be seen to be believed!

Demo in the video below and the article explains the background to this feat. Note that no human can solve it this fast as it's simply impossible for hands to rotate it this quickly. In fact, the torque is so high that some cubes actually shatter.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A robot in Japan has set a new world record for solving a Rubik’s Cube in the fastest time.

Guinness World Records recognised a time of 0.305 seconds for the Mitsubishi Electric machine, breaking the previous record by 0.075 seconds.

The robot’s time was more than 10 times faster than the best ever human, which was set in June last year at a Rubik’s Cube speed solving event in California.

Korean-American Max Park took just 3.13 seconds to solve the 3x3x3 rotating puzzle cube – more than a third of a second faster than the next fastest human.

The time of 0.305 seconds achieved by the robot is roughly the same amount of time that it takes for a human to blink.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
That's impressive what that robot just did! Back in high school, I was a judge for a rubik's cube competition at my local mall. I suppose I've been a nerd longer than I realized. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom