Scientists find humans age dramatically in two bursts – at 44 and 60

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Wow, this is new. Gives new meaning to the phrase "growing old gracefully". :ROFLMAO:

If you have noticed a sudden accumulation of wrinkles, aches and pains or a general sensation of having grown older almost overnight, there may be a scientific explanation. Research suggests that rather than being a slow and steady process, aging occurs in at least two accelerated bursts.

The study, which tracked thousands of different molecules in people aged 25 to 75, detected two major waves of age-related changes at around ages 44 and again at 60. The findings could explain why spikes in certain health issues including musculoskeletal problems and cardiovascular disease occur at certain ages.

“We’re not just changing gradually over time. There are some really dramatic changes,” said Prof Michael Snyder, a geneticist and director of the Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine at Stanford University and senior author of the study.

“It turns out the mid-40s is a time of dramatic change, as is the early 60s – and that’s true no matter what class of molecules you look at.”

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I can believe that, except the graceful part takes a lot of self motivation too.

DIMIDEAS

That makes a lot of sense actually, people in their 50s look much older than people in their 30s and 40s but still look a lot younger than people in their 60s and above.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I intend to fight looking my age....somehow, that is, someway, maybe. ;)

Back
Top Bottom