Spending a large amount of money?

Nebulous

Depends on what I bought. I remember before I bought my house I had a couple hundred grand sitting in my bank account (money I received from a loved one who passed away). That was the first time I had that much money in my account and will probably be the last time so I would just login to my bank app and stare at the number. When it time to put all that money towards a downpayment on the house I felt sad it was gone. Back to being broke again!😮
...but also happy because I had my house and started out living here with it being half way paid off, which is a relief.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
How do you feel after spending a large amount of money?

That's a good question.

How I feel depends on various factors, such as the current state of my finances, the size of the spend and what it was on, ie something I have to do such as buying car insurance, or a "luxury" purchase such as that £800 monitor that I bought and returned a little while ago as I felt it didn't offer enough value to justify the purchase.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It's this one. It was an excellent monitor, when I tested it and I'd have kept it had I not had the Asus 4K 144Hz monitor, which actually has one or two important advantages over it.

The one thing I was quite disappointed about was the sound. The BenQ product page makes a big deal about it, but it was somewhat tinny and certainly had no bass unlike what they claimed. If it had lived up to the hype, I might have just kept it as a luxury purchase for this unique feature.

It's currently going for £700 and is likely to drop further over time, I believe.

Uncrowned

I almost feel relief when I do. It is always weeks of buildup and stress about how things will work out. So once I hit that buy button, it is almost like a burden is lifting and I don't need to worry about the money anymore.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Nauseous. 😣

It totally depends on the ratio of the purchase to my overall portfolio and is it an investment purchase that has 100% guarantee of success or is it to buy something boring like home repairs?

Back
Top Bottom