[UK] Was this yellow box junction penalty fair or even valid?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Nope, I agree with BlackBeltBarrister that it was neither fair nor valid. He shows us the relevant bit of law where it's very clear that no offense was made.

If that was me, I'd have looked up the law and fought it on that basis and won. Money grabbing councils will do anything to screw over the motorist, so a poke in the eye is richly deserved.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
100% agree with the barrister, this is a petty ticket issuance, I also would have done what apparently a few have suggested and gone to the right of the stationary traffic to avoid stopping in the box.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yeah, moving to the right of the black car would have avoided this completely, is what I'd have done and indeed BBB said he would have as well. So frigging obvious.

After getting nailed once for getting stuck in a yellow box junction, I assume that they've all got CCTV on them and so make sure to dodge the bullet.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
There is one in Edgware that is particularly long and bearing in mind the amount of buses in the area many get caught out by the length of the box.

Back
Top Bottom