3000 feet up: the world's scariest ladder!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Fancy climbing up a mountain in the Alps and when you're at 3000 feet (700m) climbing up a 131 foot (40m) ladder between peaks? No? Neither would I!

Made of tensioned steel, this ladder to heaven really could be if you fall off it or it breaks...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

TheURL

No way - even with the clips! Not good for the heart! The tension in the two cables must be super high - I wonder how they built it.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Not good for the heart!
Oh no, don't worry about that as I've taken out a life insurance policy on you. 😄

Yeah, I was thinking about that tension. Did you see that picture of three of them on it at once? Couldn't believe it. One, it's clearly very strong, two very foolhardy.

Yes, they've kept the building of it close to their chest. It's the obvious question, so they ignored it.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
No Way! I've seen the movie Cliffhanger.....carabiner's, rescue eights and other climbing gear can break, that is if you are lucky enough to make it. Very scary!

TheURL

The questions you should ask before setting foot on that thing are "what authority approved the installation? and "how often it is checked/tested?" In some ways you have to feel sorry for adrenaline junkies who have a constant need to find risky things to do, while the rest of us see no compelling need.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Exactly, @URL....everyone's engineering standards are different and unless this ladder contraption is checked often, then I'd agree, not safe at all.

I don't get adrenaline junkies either, however, when you are younger there is a certain fear factor that's not as strong because "fear of dying" doesn't seem to apply and that makes one believe they're invincible. :unsure:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I got vertigo just watching that video. Dunno how the hell those people can stomach it.

TheURL

Quote from Joe Pasquales after bringing a step-ladder on stage at a one-man show: "This is my step-ladder! My real ladder left me when I was 5!"

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Watching Fred Dibnah used to make my stomach go queezy.

Geffers

Back
Top Bottom