A couple of old nerds review five 80s British computers

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
A trip down memory lane for this old nerd who remembers them the first time round. My favourite is the Enterprise. What's yours?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

chrisgreen

Oric was fine example of Soviet computer engineering!

The Enterprise I am less keen on, especially with the benefit of hindsight as one of the key people behind it was one David Levy, the chess playing, sex robot-obsessed filth merchant who was responsible for the Spectrum Vega + crowdfunding debacle that took hundreds of thousands of pounds from backers and did not deliver the promised product.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I’m surprised this guy is still in the business after 35 years. Would have expected him to have retired, maybe.

incidentally, I was offered a mint Enterprise (64k I think) by a college acquaintance back in the late 80s, I checked it out, but wasn’t interested enough to buy it. How I regret that now. 😭

I remember that it was capable of outputting a resolution of 640x572 interlaced, which was really high back in the day and no other computer could take advantage of the doubled resolution of interlaced mode back then. The flickering from interlace line twitter would have been glorious!

Back
Top Bottom