America's largest cat sanctuary has over 1000 cats!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Founded by Lynea Lattanzio, The Cat House on the Kings is the largest cat sanctuary in America and is currently home to over 1000 cats! She also looks after several hundred dogs, too. It's best feature is that it's a no-kill shelter.

See this lovely video by Bondi Vet about her sanctuary. If ever there was a feelgood animal video, it's this one. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's the official sanctuary website. If you live anywhere near this sanctuary and love cats and dogs, I recommend giving them a visit and perhaps a donation or two.

Huge respect for Lynea and her helpers. :cool: Thankyou so much for doing this.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Gobsmacked😍

Really glad the little white kitten isn't blind and teary eyed with the other kitten missing some of its leg. Overall, an amazing act of love to care for all of those cats and dogs. :)

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
How do they get rid of half a ton (or thereabouts) of poop per week? What do the two poop collectors do with it?

Geffers?

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I have no idea, someone must be picking up 8 hours a day? Can you use it for fertilizer?😜

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
They must have an industrial sized waste collection contract with the local refuse company to handle so much of it. So gross, lol.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
I have no idea, someone must be picking up 8 hours a day? Can you use it for fertilizer?😜
I think any poop can be used as fertilizer but city or council green bin collectors always so no animal waste

I've seen devices for the garden, which coupled with some organic additives make the poop dissolve into the ground, bit like our own city/council treatment plants.

Gardeners in UK often get quite excited over using horse, cattle, sheep poop on the garden but of course they are all non meat eaters.

Geffers

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Is that true for America too? I have no idea.
California green bins (San Diego County anyway) apparently won't allow anything other than garden waste, no lettuce leaves, no potato peelings. Certainly no cardboard, cardboard is a decent additive to a compost heap, rots down well.

California won't even let gardeners collect rainwater, apparently the water that falls belongs to the City.

Geffers

Back
Top Bottom