Campaigner Steve Bray targeted by new anti-freedom laws - please support him

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I don't see how that negates what I said? It's self preservation from KC3, nothing more. No, I don't think he did it for the "commoners" to use this demeaning word used by "royals". I don't think the social upheaval that would result in a banned / demoted / other monarchy bothers him at all, just that self preservation.

That the country has not only drunk deeply, but also bathed in the koolaid of "royalty", is sadly true. I'd like this country to become a republic, but I can't ever see it happening due to the Cult of Royalty that the country is infected with, unfortunately.

Arantor

It doesn't, I'm just saying I wouldn't think of it that way. Remember, the last time the monarchy was *actually* challenged, we beheaded them with an axe.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Beheaded them? Don't tempt me! :ROFLMAO: No, that's barbaric.

Any law enforecement that might see this: I'm joking.

Arantor

1649 was a very different time, and I too feel like a revolution when it’s just before 5pm on a work day…

Crims

Wethermon
Speaking of. Surely everything is now allowed? Youtube has been using a policy of video sorting by like only, and people have been allowed, while not confident in doing so, to be critical and more able to speak their mind freely. We'd be better just pushing boundaries, at least.

Arantor

Oh no, oh no no no.

You see we are increasingly in a time where views are allowed to be controversial only if the views are allowed. You see, it’s increasingly fine to be right wing in nature - one only has to observe the bellowing rhetoric of “but censorship” and the changes at Twitter.

As for the UK, remember that noisy protest is not allowed, that protesting as a whole is borderline illegal, that protesting via withdrawal of labour will no doubt soon be illegal. Views that run counter to the official narrative are increasingly being squeezed. I expect if there is not a full scale dismantling of the Tories in 2024 that it will then become illegal to criticise them outright.

Crims

Wethermon
Oh no, oh no no no.

You see we are increasingly in a time where views are allowed to be controversial only if the views are allowed. You see, it’s increasingly fine to be right wing in nature - one only has to observe the bellowing rhetoric of “but censorship” and the changes at Twitter.

As for the UK, remember that noisy protest is not allowed, that protesting as a whole is borderline illegal, that protesting via withdrawal of labour will no doubt soon be illegal. Views that run counter to the official narrative are increasingly being squeezed. I expect if there is not a full scale dismantling of the Tories in 2024 that it will then become illegal to criticise them outright.
Forums are not part of their bottom line, they're not America or something. the facts you've presented make that clear, haha. I was impressed yesterday on the BBC there was a huge push for protesting and no decent Tory propaganda to refute it.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
You know peeps, I might put out an edict that "Tory / Tories" must be spelled "tory / tories" with a small t to reflect just how corrupt and worthless they are. :ROFLMAO:

I was gonna use ruder words to describe them...

Back
Top Bottom