Controversial: Trophy hunter shot dead in cold blood in South Africa!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Great to see so-called "trophy hunters" get their comeuppance. In reality, they're not heroes collecting "trophies", just cold blooded murderers committing horrible crimes for fun and profit, so this is justice. No more innocent animals will die by his hand now with hundreds of animals likely having been saved by this positive action.

The article is short and to save fellow animal lovers from seeing the distressing picture of this asshole posing with a murdered elephant, I've quoted the whole story.

elephants.jpg
Generic picture of elephants. The baby is cute, no?

A wildlife trophy hunter who killed elephants and lions and uploaded photos of himself next to their carcasses has been shot dead in South Africa.

Riaan Naude, 55, was gunned down “at close range” when a car pulled up next to his truck in Marken Road, Limpopo – an area which includes part of the Kruger National Park wildlife reserve.

Lieutenant Colonel Mamphaswa Seabi, a spokesperson for South Africa’s national police force, said: “The man was lying with his face up and there was blood on his head and face.”

A pair of hunting rifles, clothes, water, whiskey and pyjamas were found by officers, as reported by Maroela Media.

The Heritage Protection Group, a not-for-profit group against rhino poaching, claim there are two suspects involved in the hunter’s murder.

The group wrote in a Facebook post: “According to eyewitnesses, a white bakkie [truck] stopped next to him and shot him in cold blood at a short distance, after which the two suspects got out and only stole his pistol.

“They then jumped into the vehicle and raced in the direction of Marken. Traces were trampled on the scene. All the personal belongings were still in the vehicle, weapons, ammunition, hunting equipment and clothes were left as is.”

Mr Naude ran the Pro Hunt Africa firm, a “hunting and Eco Safari outfit” in northern South Africa.

Warning: clicking the Yahoo story link here reveals a distressing photo of this asshole posing with an elephant that he murdered.

PLEASE NOTE: AS PER THE FORUM RULES, NO PRO HUNTING VIEWS ARE ALLOWED ON NERDZONE FORUMS. SUCH COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Good!! These wild animals are beautiful and deserve to be left alone and admired from a distance with respect. I'm not an advocate of human loss of life, but I AM an advocate of protecting children and animals that can't speak for themselves. I'll go to the end of the earth to save anything helpless.

Mars

Staff Member
A big 'Well Done' to the killers of that piece of crap.
Unfortunately, he seems to have died quickly, from gun shots to the head. I remember an even better story, few years back, an article about that big game hunter lying in wait behind a bush anticipating a lion to appear in his cross-hair.....oblivious to the fact that from behind another bush, that lion was totally focused on him...

Apparently the rest of the hunting party was a distance away, heard his cries, came looking, and found a severed foot in a shoe, some bloody fragments of clothing and a big hunting rifle. And that's it.
Yes!!!!!!
The lion had a well deserved dinner 😋

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
A big 'Well Done' to the killers of that piece of crap.
Unfortunately, he seems to have died quickly, from gun shots to the head. I remember an even better story, few years back, an article about that big game hunter lying in wait behind a bush anticipating a lion to appear in his cross-hair.....oblivious to the fact that from behind another bush, that lion was totally focused on him...

Apparently the rest of the hunting party was a distance away, heard his cries, came looking, and found a severed foot in a shoe, some bloody fragments of clothing and a big hunting rifle. And that's it.
Yes!!!!!!
The lion had a well deserved dinner 😋
So richly deserved.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
People and especially arrogant hunters, forgot that when you are swimming in the ocean🦈 or walking in the jungle, you become part of the food chain, which is why I admire the ocean from a distance and jungles just have too much overhead to worry about (what hangs out in trees🐍) much less what's on the ground, so no jungle for me either.🦁

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
What I don't get is why people go swimming at the beach in shark infested waters.

Read a news article only yesterday about a 69 year old woman who got dismembered by a shark and died in hospital. What an awful way to go, poor woman. Complete waste of a life for nothing.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
What I don't get is why people go swimming at the beach in shark infested waters.

Read a news article only yesterday about a 69 year old woman who got dismembered by a shark and died in hospital. What an awful way to go, poor woman. Complete waste of a life for nothing.

It's dreadful. I saw that yesterday. Two attacks in Egypt. I'm always amazed at how I know not to go into the water, yet the people that live or vacation in certain areas still go into the water, even though they clearly see seals. The NE coast is having huge issues with shark attacks because the seal population is so large now in some of the best vacation spots that people flock too in the summer. I'd also predict that because of the unusual high temps this summer, causing also very warm water, that we will have a huge spike in shark attacks especially on the east coast, particulary from the Carolina's and southward. The Gulf of Mexico is like a huge bath tub right now. Seriously warm and attracting all kinds of shark species.

Back
Top Bottom