Couldn't make it Up

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
My long time bankers are pulling out of the credit card sector for some reason in September so I thought I'd apply for another to replace.

One bank offered to check suitability without affecting credit score so went through, result stated I was eligible but at that point I didn't proceed. Got badgered by emails to continue application so couple of days later I clicked the link to continue, after a couple more questions I got 'Oops, something went wrong, not successful at this time', looked like a web page error so clicked again, got the same message. Now definitely nothing wrong with my credit rating so puzzled but thought I'd apply via different means.

Couple of days later get an email welcoming me to the bank, then Thursday I get my PIN number but today (Friday) was comical, I got three letter through the post, two were identical except for differing reference numbers, saying thanks for applying but that I was unsuccessful and gave me advice as to how credit scores were assessed.

The third letter contained my credit card with instructions how to activate and subsequently use it.

The mind boggles.

Geffers

live627

I guess the problem of banks having technical issues is universal. The irony is that they have plenty of money to make their UX (not to be confused with UI) not suck and to provide better error messages...

Back
Top Bottom