CSS and web design techniques

Crims

Wethermon
I'm going to dump some resources so I can let them mentally go lol

Interested in learning CSS? I learned for free with Flatiron and was recommended Le Wagon instead which at the time was good instead. Yes my grammar is lame.

For practical, HTML developers what I would love to see is a bunch of shared templates for Elementor, a free addon for WordPress which is much better. Might be able to cease our need for lazy CSS websites.

Arantor

I'm about to embark on a 3 month project to rip out Elementor from a WordPress site that can't cope with the load it is currently under - when I'm done with it, it will perform an order of magnitude faster and also have a better score on Google Core Web Vitals while looking identical just by not having a million divs in there powered by Elementor.

But I am old, I remember before CSS was commonly understood by browsers, heck I was writing HTML before HTML4's spec was fully through the standards process.

Crims

Wethermon
Same here! I love HTML and not using Elementor... but jesus after taking a CSS course in modern CSS I just want to return to the pre-CSS days and use Elementor as the only "safe" way of using HTML style of frontpages (less work).
Elementor's a resource hog, though it's really convenient for structure

Arantor

The problem is that if you want to do anything remotely nice, you probably want to factor in responsive, which means using modern CSS.

Still won't convince me to use Elementor for any reason though :p

Crims

Wethermon
Just a side note to this: I've been planning a central hub for Elementor themes for a while. I think that it's possible to do an 'all in one' website, and pivot away from the current dependence on Youtube, Facebook and other platforms.

Crims

Wethermon
Because it'd probably be abandoned if I don't, I actually do believe that the above idea could maybe only work in a place where there isn't much obligation to post unlike social media... a club may be good.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
When you say a club, do you mean a private forum* area, or a physical club where people meet in person?

*This can be arranged and people given access to it on a request basis.

Crims

Wethermon
When you say a club, do you mean a private forum* area, or a physical club where people meet in person?

*This can be arranged and people given access to it on a request basis.
I was thinking of a forum, just out of preference.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I was thinking of a forum, just out of preference.
Ok, well, if you want it and there's people you think will join it, please PM me (start a new thread). Looks like we'll have to have at least one new member to make it viable though, so get recruiting! :)

Back
Top Bottom