Cultural Music

Crims

Wethermon
Different to the guitar music and rock songs

I've been interested in making a thread for songs that are 'cultural' - has a texture that can be from a particular place or period of time.

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
I used to listen to these songs way over a decade ago
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I'm familiar with both, particularly, Nirvana music. I've listened too. My daughter's boyfriend has been a Radiohead fan for a very long time.

Crims

Wethermon
I'm familiar with both, particularly, Nirvana music. I've listened too. My daughter's boyfriend has been a Radiohead fan for a very long time.
Thanks for the reply, last one was Oasis - Rock N Roll Star. Your daughters boyfriend has good taste ;) though Radiohead and Gorillaz have always been my main two bands to listen to.

Crims

Wethermon
There was a huge amount of people in the 00s into Joy Division and Stone Roses

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I like this one. Played it over and over.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I like the Stone Roses music; first time hearing it...I think? I also like when I can hear the vocals and the instrumental isn't burying the singer's voices to where you can't understand what they are saying.

Crims

Wethermon
Waterfall and Fools Gold, are some of my favourite songs by them. It's kind of surreal because they released their tracks when dancehall music was really kicking off. They're like the Aerosmith of the UK @Tiffany. For the 2000s it was like having both hard rock and a low version to compliment each mood :D
Dance music is alright, though rock is a lot more stable, and did you know 2022 old music overtook new songs!?

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Waterfall and Fools Gold, are some of my favourite songs by them. It's kind of surreal because they released their tracks when dancehall music was really kicking off. They're like the Aerosmith of the UK @Tiffany. For the 2000s it was like having both hard rock and a low version to compliment each mood :D
Dance music is alright, though rock is a lot more stable, and did you know 2022 old music overtook new songs!?

Love Aerosmith and now I can see the similarity. I can totally get how in 2022 older music took favor over newer songs.

A little bit of Aerosmith ....loved the movie Armageddon.

Crims

Wethermon
Listening to my favourites Radiohead's OK Computer, 2pac's Thug For Life and Panic at the Disco. No updates, though just logging tracks.
EDIT: These were super famous in the 00s

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Listening to my favourites Radiohead's OK Computer, 2pac's Thug For Life and Panic at the Disco. No updates, though just logging tracks.
EDIT: These were super famous in the 00s
I'll have to locate your favorites and listen to them.

We were listening to a little Toby Keith today. RIP, Toby!

Crims

Wethermon
I'll have to locate your favorites and listen to them.

We were listening to a little Toby Keith today. RIP, Toby!
PatD's songs are best when they're 8 words or more.
2pac's song is from the album Loyal To The Game, a album made posthumously. Alternatively, you could give Ghetto Gospel a listen, that's popular and super good now.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
PatD's songs are best when they're 8 words or more.
2pac's song is from the album Loyal To The Game, a album made posthumously. Alternatively, you could give Ghetto Gospel a listen, that's popular and super good now.

Oh, thanks for that detail. I looked up when 2Pac died. That was 1996. Seems like so long ago. He was only 25 years of age. Shame!

Back
Top Bottom