Disappearing Browser Tab

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Does anyone else have an issue with disappearing browser tabs.

I'm not a touch typist so have no idea what keys cause this but it happens on pages that allow text input, like forums.

I'll be typing away and the browser tab disappears, sometimes on opening another tab then reloading the web page it remains as a draft but often it is gone.

I am guessing when typing I accidentally hit two keys together but that is only a guess in the absence of any other idea.

Geffers

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Wouldn't that happen by accidentally clicking on two keys that might make the tab go away because they act like a function key thing? Can't think of how that's happened to me before, but I think I know what you are talking about.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
That is what I am thinking, keyboard shortcuts which I may be accidentally hitting. Just looked and Ctrl-W closes current tab, no way I accidentally hit those two keys. Also found Ctrl-Shift-T reopens last closed tab so that will be handy when it happens again, if I can remember the keys :cool:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
CTRL+W closes a browser tab.

CTRL+T creates a new one and you've already figured out how to restore the last closed tab.

Back
Top Bottom