Doom

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Saw this movie of the Doom video game in the cinema back in 2005 and twice since, last time yesterday on TV and liked it very much each time. It's a very good movie and I think it's a shame that a decent sequel didn't come out to do it justice. I especially liked the two video game sequences in it.

At 19 years old (how time flies!) the special effects still hold up well (I especially liked the nanowall), but still, it looks a little dated due to the lack of smartphones and the squarer computer monitors of the day, although 16:9s were available then, but were expensive. Amazing how little things like that can really date a movie whether sci-fi like this one, or not. It stars three big names, Karl Urban, Rosamund Pike and Dwayne Johnson which help to make the film as good as it is.

I don't understand why it got such negative reviews at the time and even now, it's only got a 5.2 IMDB rating despite some good recent reviews.

If you've not seen it yet and you like sci-fi, then I thoroughly recommend watching it. Check out the faster than light drive. I guess that's one way to do it, lol.

That poor sequel:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I did somewhat enjoy the Silent Hill movies. Even if just for the gore and eye candy. hehe
Lol, the more blood the better eh? 🩸😨 No comment on the eye candy 😎
I went off all meds in Jan. 2006 and was basically manic until Oct. of that year. Crazyness!
That's a long time to experience mania.😱 Manic moments can be good to make progress on stuff though?🫣
Doom was the last good videogame film imho
I can remember Doom was once in my home too.😊

Back
Top Bottom