Energy crisis

Arantor

Putting aside the obvious jibes like Zahawi claiming thousands in taxpayer-funded expenses for heating his fucking stables, I give you this tweet.

1659123561048.png

I think this sums up the state of play since the last price hike permitted by the government in April - when it wasn't 'so bad' because it was edging toward summer and heating is less relevant. But coming into the autumn when it's getting colder...

I genuinely think it's going to turn nasty in the winter if the government don't get a grip and do something that ordinary people can see the benefits of.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Bloody hell, 6 grand! That's the size of a loan and it can buy a decent used car. To have that as a constant charge that's never paid off and will tend to grow is madness. I certainly couldn't afford it.

I love the 40p on the end, nice touch.

Arantor

Well, that’s a 1 year fixed plan, but that’s still estimated based on factoring in the cap rises coming.

We’re going to hear the phrase “heat or eat” over the winter. People are going to die from this, and the government doesn’t care enough yet. I’m genuinely expecting it to turn ugly. It would be overdue, too.

Back
Top Bottom