Erecting a Tent in the Rain

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Many videos online are obviously posted for a motive, it may be to get clicks, or possibly some kind of exposure. Adverts are obvious but whatever some are quite fascinating.

This TikTok link shows a lone female erecting a tent in the rain, then furnishing the tent and ultimately cooking what looks like a superb meal.

By default sound on TikTok videos is off but most of it is rain anyway.

Geffers

Astro What

We normally also carried a large tarp and climbing rope with us when we tent camped. If the weather was inclement, I was the one out in it and would string the tarp up over the site where the tent was going to be placed. Once that was done, the erecting of the tent was a fairly dry affair and you could pause during it and stay dry. It also gave a covered area to sit out in that was out of the rain & sun.
Was a carry-over from ages past. Back then your tarp was not the lightweight material you deal with now, but actual canvas, as were the tents.
It's funny how many campers that use tents don't extend that knowledge to having tarps on hand. They make for a nice place to sit in inclement weather if your campsite does not have a covered shelter. And in some cases you get more space from the tarp than you do from a covered shelter as many of them here are made for the concrete picnic table that is under them and only about 1 1/2 feet of overhang past that table. In other words it will protect you in a rain that has no wind, otherwise you have to shuffle way to one side and you are blocked by the immovable table.
As for seeing women out camping and setting up campsites? Have seen that for the last 2 decades of our RV/camping experience. Not that unusual.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I remember getting pestered into going camping with some friends one time around 25 years ago and never again! Not for me.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
As for seeing women out camping and setting up campsites? Have seen that for the last 2 decades of our RV/camping experience. Not that unusual.
I have never actually experienced camping, often fascinated me the prospect but never actually got round to it. Closest I got to it was sleeping on deck of a ship, but that was one night only.

Back
Top Bottom