Facebook is every bit the cesspool of frauds and scams that you thought it was

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Facebook is every bit the cesspool of frauds and scams that you thought it was and this video explains exactly why.

Having said that, it's easy to avoid them and FB has a lot of useful functions such as helping to stay in touch with friends and family, especially over long distances and lots of legit usergroups and pages with interesting content, hence I still use it - and have never been scammed.

When I get the occasional friend request from someone that I don't recognize, which is likely to be a scam, I simply delete it and never reply. Just how easy is that to avoid a scam? I also keep my profile and timeline posts private, with only friends allowed to see them and my picture is of course missing in action.

Of course, it goes without saying to never use Facebook Marketplace, an absolute breeding ground of frauds and scams. Seriously, if tempted, just don't.

Having said that, it's important to be aware of what goes on there and how it's not in Facebook's interest to do anything about it, but don't let that put you off using FB for all the good things that it offers. Just be savvy and you'll be alright.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Ugh, fakebook...😝

Looking forward to watching the video....the video has to be good based on the title alone....cesspool...😁

Back
Top Bottom