Ferris Wheels – Dive Into The Night (Electrify Your Dreams)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
If this song sounds familiar, it's because it features in the current BMW X1 electric car advert.

This electronic track sounds ultra processed, very catchy and worthy of repeat play. Just the way I like it. 😁

Here's a fairly clean-sounding 8 minute remix of it:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And here's the free download promised in the video description. Note that it may be pulled in the future, so download it now. It's a 320Kbps MP3 that sounds better than the YouTube video.

Here's a 4-minute version of it. The sound quality unfortunately isn't as good, sounding rather messy, but the bass has been turned right up! Seriously, if you've got bassy speakers, turn the volume right down and then bring it up slowly. Sounds great with this much bass and the visualisation isn't bad, check it out.

And finally, here's the 2WEI YouTube channel with more music like this. Unfortunately, this song isn't there.

EDIT 08.03.2023

Did a bit more Googling and it turns out that the artist and name aren't quite right in the previous videos. It's now fixed in the thread title.

The version below is only 2m13 long and appears to be the original version. Sounds the same, but without such extreme compression and seems less distorted. I like both versions as the feel of the song is subtly different, both are great and of course it's good to have the song last longer, too.

And here it is on SoundCloud with what seems to be the cleanest sounding recording:

This is the BMW advert it's used in:

This is an article about the producers who created it.

Lyrics

What's on your mind?
What you gonna do next?
Let you decide
Let you go right ahead
Like in my dreams
What you gonna do next?
This is what we do best.

Let us dive into the night
Going by before my eyes
I can't deny it
Feel like I'm flying
Turn a feeling into light
Never seen it shine this bright
I can't describe it
Feel like I'm flying

Let's jump inside
Where we gonna go next?
It blows our minds
We'll go over the edge
It's like a dream
Where we gonna go next?
Baby, you'll never guess

Let us dive into the night
Going by before my eyes
I can't deny it
Feel like I'm flying
Turn a feeling into light
Never seen it shine this bright
I can't describe it
Feel like I'm flying

What's on your mind?
What you gonna do next?
Let you decide
Let you go right ahead

TheURL

I actually find that mix a bit irritating - it's like someone's got their hand on the volume control and is flipping it from 10 to 3 and back repeatedly. Sorry.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Ah yes, it's compressed to within a 2dB range and I think that really works for electronic music, not so great for regular music. It's the music loudness wars turned up to 11 on this track. 😁

And you're supposed to like it, because I do. Clearly the 2WEI koolaid isn't strong enough for you, so I've ordered the extra strengh 3WEI koolaid which should do the trick. It arrives tomorrow.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@TheURL Check out my edit on my first post. I've found the original version which is only 2m13 long and sounds a bit more normal with that compression, but it's still there. See what you think of it now.

I still have that koolaid on order, so don't worry, you'll end up liking the super compressed long version too.

TheURL

It's better, but it's still got that "coming and going" pattern, especially towards the end, which I'd rather it didn't have - but that's probably just me.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yes, a lot of electronica is deliberately engineered like that and I personally think it sounds good in most cases. That remix did turn it up to 11 though and together with that distortion, was a bit hard on the ears.

This compression doesn't sound good on a normal pop song though.

Back
Top Bottom