Fill your car tyres with the right kind of air

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Your car will thank you for it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Fun video, kept my interest, even though proper tire air for summer and winter isn't on my radar but I could understand the premise! :giggle:

TheURL

Even if it were not an April Fools, this may be ok for countries where the weather pattern is sinusoidal (summer - winter - summer, etc), but in the UK it's not sinusoidal. The winter and summer weather can be interleaved on a daily/weekly basis. So you'd have to keep letting your tyres down and pumping them back up again. No-one would have time for that.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Interesting point, @TheURL It would certainly be impractical to keep changing it like that.

One of my favourite bits was when they connected one of those little cans to the large tyre which then visibly inflated lol. Not possible in practice, but theoretically, a small can made of a very strong material could be sufficiently pressurised to inflate a car tyre fully. In fact, it could have sufficient pressure to inflate all four tyres and the spare...

You just don't wanna be anywhere near that thing in case it ruptures as it would be a bomb going off...

TheURL

Another flaw - releasing the valve does not let all of the air out. It only equalises the pressure between the inside and the outside of the tyre. You'd need to suck out the remaining air and replace the valve!

Back
Top Bottom