Forthcoming genetic therapies raise serious ethical questions, experts warn

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Genetic therapies have the power to transform human health for the better, but it's currently prohibitively expensive and is likely to be misused. Almost certainly in my opinion.

The next generation of advanced genetic therapies raises profound medical and ethical issues that must be thrashed out to ensure the game-changing technology benefits patients and society, a group of world-leading experts has warned.

Medicines based on powerful gene editing tools will begin to transform the treatment of blood disorders, conditions affecting the heart, eyes and muscles, and potentially even neurodegenerative diseases before the end of the decade, but the cost will put them out of the reach of many patients.

CyberGeek

There should be gene therapy to make one be predisposed to losing belly fat first and gaining belly fat last !

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I actually did a quick search for gene therapy for that and I found a variety of studies in place. One was still experimental leptin gene therapy on the brain. Not a fan of someone messing with my brain. :rolleyes:

CyberGeek

I actually did a quick search for gene therapy for that and I found a variety of studies in place. One was still experimental leptin gene therapy on the brain. Not a fan of someone messing with my brain. :rolleyes:
Sounds interesting! Will read up on it :)

Back
Top Bottom