Foxes chew through yummy car brake pipes. Yes, really

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
They don't like the old yucky petroleum based pipe insulation, but are rather partial to the new, greener, soy based insulation. Yummy! :D

This situation is a complete facepalmer and isn't even a new phenomenon. Check it out.

Fox.jpg

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
My daughter and I were just talking about this very problem the other day. I forgot that I was to buy the Rodent discs to place at my car engine to keep the rodents away. Doing it now, thanks for the reminder. Good article and hard to believe foxes would do that, but then, if you are lining car brake pipes with soy, how can they resist?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
What worries me is if they then subsequently get poisoned by the leaking brake fluid. It's a really horrible way to go and as annoying and frustrating as this problem is, they're doing this in all innocence, not having a clue of the context of what they're doing.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
What worries me is if they then subsequently get poisoned by the leaking brake fluid. It's a really horrible way to go and as annoying and frustrating as this problem is, they're doing this in all innocence, not having a clue of the context of what they're doing.

Very worrisome. Someone needs to come up with a safe repellent device that can be put inside the wheel well of a car that will discourage the foxes...maybe?

Back
Top Bottom