How New York lovingly screws over the homeless

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This heartwarming video explains the many ways that New York is implementing hostile architecture to screw over the most vulnerable in society, the homeless. ❤️ ❤️ Look, no need to fix homelessness, just push the inconvenient truths out of the way! :D

They even do this to the point of screwing everybody over in some places, like train stations with no seats in the open spaces, like they used to have.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

kitschy

I don't even wanna watch the video. Anything regarding hostile architecture pisses me off so much. The government really prefers to spend millions on anti-homeless builds rather than use that same money to fix the housing system.

Imagine if they used all that money building rehabilitation facilities for not only the homeless, but addicts and abused victims forced to flee. For starving children and disowned queer teenagers. Instead we get benches with spikes and more guns and wars.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
I don't even wanna watch the video. Anything regarding hostile architecture pisses me off so much. The government really prefers to spend millions on anti-homeless builds rather than use that same money to fix the housing system.

Imagine if they used all that money building rehabilitation facilities for not only the homeless, but addicts and abused victims forced to flee. For starving children and disowned queer teenagers. Instead we get benches with spikes and more guns and wars.
These tactics are usually associated with right wing Governments or authorities, New York certainly not right wing.

Geffers

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Homelessness is one of the most social-human tragedies in the world and for the US, it's profound in every major city. There's a great humanitarian need to find a way to help these people, no matter what the reasons got them there, which the high percentage is drugs, but to give them some kind of human compassion assistance in a way that makes sense.

Cities wouldn't have to have anti-homeless architecture if they would address their homeless problems thinking out of the box. There's a myriad of ways that homelessness can be addressed, cities just have to have the courage to address it in their city with people willing to talk about it and not throw arrows at every conversation.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Sad thing is, particularly in UK and US (but EU too) we are allowing uncontrolled illegal immigration that, for some obscure reason known to politicians but not to the electorate, get priority over resident homeless and veterans.

In UK with recent immigration figures released we would have had to build 79 houses per hour to merely deal with immigration. A project planned close to me will take 10 years to apparently build 3000 dwellings. Do the maths.

Geffers

Back
Top Bottom