Introduction time!

Retrokomodo

Greetings fellow nerds - or are we geeks? Nerdy geeks? Geeky nerds? This is a question I often ask my wife..

I'm 44, live in the Midlands, and have been working on an IT Helpdesk for the last 20 years.. Daaaym that's a long time. First for the local council, and for the last 7 years for a local software company dealing with the tyre industry.

Anyway.

Hello, my name is Fred and I am a retro-holic.

It has been one day since my last youtube posting.

My channel, should you choose to visit it, is small but growing - https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroKomodo - the channel synopsis is:

General tech related shenanigans as already found on countless other channels! I'm hoping to bring some useful content on some computer related issues, mobile phones, apps and games etc, but to try mostly to focus on Windows PC gaming, and old consoles: their games, modifications (if I can build up the courage), accessories and the like. I have an Atari ST, ZX Spectrum, SNES, Mega Drive, N64, XBOX, Wii, Dreamcast, XBOX 360 and PlayStation 3 - all of which are capable of capture - a PSP, Nintendo DS and a couple of Gameboys.

Most recently I have been replacing coolers on high end AGP graphics cards from around 2006/8, and i'm currently surrounded by boxes of Atari ST's!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Welcome to NerdZone Forums, glad to have you here! :)

We're a small, friendly community of like minded nerdy geeks.

Looking forward to more of your videos. I see you're very fast with that hacksaw in your latest video. ;)

Retrokomodo

Yup! Well i've found from the analytics that people get bored after a couple of minutes, so now I find I have to cram an hours worth of footage into a 6-8 min video or people wander off.. Ah the magic of video speed manipulation!
The latest one is a 7+ min video, watched 41 times with an average of 4:30 watched. Sooooo not staying to the end I guess? But that's where the results are!! People eh?

Crims

Wethermon
Welcome! Londoner here, pretty sure it's more geeky than nerdy (unless you're talking retro)

I've been on a Xenia (360 emulator) discord for a while and looking forward for the retro scene.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Welcome @Retrokomodo. I'm good with nerd, nerdy, nerdy-geek, geek, and super-geek....any of those would work for myself and my husband and daughter, though my daughter, may well exceed my own geekdom. She's a big time gamer. Great intro, thanks for sharing and looking forward to more super nerd-time at NZ!

Arantor

There are far sketchier TLDs than .uk to be honest. Would you ever trust a .info? (Cue the music from early 2000s DVDs and the “would you steal a car?” messages)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
.info is a bit anonymous, isn't it? One wants to know that information and advice is coming from a bonafide source.

Retrokomodo

Unbelievable I know, but there was a 'Don't copy that floppy 2' -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back
Top Bottom