Lion in India has sight saved

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I read a surprising number of feelgood stories like this about animals saved or helped in India. Respect to the Indian people for their empathy and kindness towards animals. I wish more of the world was like this.

A five-year-old lion in the western Indian state of Gujarat is recovering his vision after doctors performed cataract surgery on both his eyes.

Lion.jpg

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Me too! Love this story!! 🦁 I love all furry creatures big and small, just not the eight legged ones. πŸ•·οΈ

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I don't like bugs, including spiders, however I don't hurt spiders.

I'll catch them in a matchbox or that spider catchy thingy I bought from Amazon and unceremoniously throw them out of the window onto the grass. If it's raining hard, then I don't catch them, because chucking them onto a very wet surface with all that rain could cause them to drown.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I think spiders are cool.

Glad they were able to restore his vision! Thanks for sharing.

They're cool from a distance. πŸ•ΈοΈ I scared my family the other day when I was outside with my dogs. When I went to reach for the back door to let them in, I looked down because I thought I saw a frog waiting at the door, which happens because frogs seem to like the cool air leaking out from under this back door. :rolleyes: But, when I got closer, it was not a frog, it was a huge man-eating spider just waiting to come in. I left that part of the yard and went to the other back door and living room window and started tapping on the window to get my families attention. No one knew it was me outside trying to get in another way, holding two little dogs in my arms. It was comical. I really wasn't in the mood to slay a huge spider in my house, or worse it gets away, as this was my master bedroom.😱

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Oh, and just an aside comment....I didn't kill this furry beast either....I came back outside and got my trusty spider broom and whisked it away in the grass. πŸ™ƒ

wolfdeer

I don't like bugs, including spiders, however I don't hurt spiders.

I'll catch them in a matchbox or that spider catchy thingy I bought from Amazon and unceremoniously throw them out of the window onto the grass. If it's raining hard, then I don't catch them, because chucking them onto a very wet surface with all that rain could cause them to drown.
I love bugs! I'm glad to hear that you don't harm them, though.

I heard that house-spiders are somehow beneficial
for some reason that I don't remember. πŸ˜… That being said, we try to leave them be.
They're cool from a distance. πŸ•ΈοΈ I scared my family the other day when I was outside with my dogs. When I went to reach for the back door to let them in, I looked down because I thought I saw a frog waiting at the door, which happens because frogs seem to like the cool air leaking out from under this back door. :rolleyes: But, when I got closer, it was not a frog, it was a huge man-eating spider just waiting to come in. I left that part of the yard and went to the other back door and living room window and started tapping on the window to get my families attention. No one knew it was me outside trying to get in another way, holding two little dogs in my arms. It was comical. I really wasn't in the mood to slay a huge spider in my house, or worse it gets away, as this was my master bedroom.😱
Huge spiders are the best kind!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I love bugs! I'm glad to hear that you don't harm them, though.

I heard that house-spiders are somehow beneficial
for some reason that I don't remember. πŸ˜… That being said, we try to leave them be.

Huge spiders are the best kind!
Spiders are supposed to help keep the home clear of other bugs as they hunt them. In practice, I'm not convinced this really works too well though. They just make a mess with their webs.

Talking of huge spiders, there are Huntsman spiders larger than the size of a hand and even the size of a dinner plate according to some pictures on a Google search. Oh and they bite, too. Truly scary.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Very scary! Looks like the spidey that was waiting for me the other day at more doorstep!! πŸ•ΈοΈ πŸ•·οΈ πŸ•ΈοΈ

huntsman-spider.jpg

wolfdeer

Spiders are supposed to help keep the home clear of other bugs as they hunt them. In practice, I'm not convinced this really works too well though. They just make a mess with their webs.

Talking of huge spiders, there are Huntsman spiders larger than the size of a hand and even the size of a dinner plate according to some pictures on a Google search. Oh and they bite, too. Truly scary.
Yeah, I guess that's what it was. Duh. πŸ˜‚ True that.

A tribute to our favorite bugs and crittersπŸ•·οΈ
View attachment 623πŸ›πŸπŸ¦‹πŸ¦ŽπŸπŸ’πŸ•·οΈπŸ¦—πŸͺ²πŸ¦ŸπŸͺ°πŸœπŸž
I used to watch that show all the time when I was younger.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Yeah, I guess that's what it was. Duh. πŸ˜‚ True that.

I used to watch that show all the time when I was younger.

I hum the tune every time I see the pic. I think my husband and I recall the movie more than our daughter. So the real question is, can you name all of the bug's form Bug's Life in that pic :ROFLMAO:

@Retro I'm sorry I took your thread off topic 😲

wolfdeer

I hum the tune every time I see the pic. I think my husband and I recall the movie more then our daughter. So the real question is, can you name all of the bug's form Bug's Life in that pic :ROFLMAO:

@Retro I'm sorry I took your thread off topic 😲
Haha! No, I can't. πŸ˜‚ I just remember watching it.

Whoops! My bad. Maybe we should make a thread about insects. πŸ˜‚

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
β™ͺβ™«β™ͺ Hakuna Matata Nerdzoner's!! β™ͺβ™«β™ͺ
(Swahili phrase, meaning "no trouble" or "no worries")

Happy Monday!!

lion king.jpg

Arantor

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back
Top Bottom