Looks like graphics card prices might be dropping much sooner than expected!

CosmicCruncher

I think long overdue is all relative, especially for those that have RTX 2080 cards :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

My GTX 1070 is still doing the job for now. This is good news though, there are early signs of things starting to shift in the right direction. With that said I'm still banking on at least 18 months before looking at an upgrade.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Well, a 3080 is a lot faster, really great for 4K.

This card is very fast, but it can slow down even at 1080p on modern games with the details turned up.

Mort

Watch out for cheap cards on ebay that have been mined-the-life-out-of, as the lifespan will be none existant - and warranty is going to be very tricky indeed.

NVIDIA and I think AMD are supposed to have a line up of cards that are deliberately poor performers for this mining malarky, so these wont be in quite as much demand. Only for those who only have the goal in life of snapping them up to re-sell for high prices to those who just want to play their games.

CosmicCruncher

Yes, Nvidia started producing low hash rate cards unsuitable for mining, not sure how much of a dent it will make on supply though. It's a sad state of affairs they have to cripple the card in that way though. I'm not a miner, but feel if I shelled out hundreds or thousands of pounds for a graphics card I would want it to be fully functional, even on the off chance I wanted to use it in that way.

Mort

LHR (Low Hash Rate) cards may not be labelled as such either.
Of course if they badged them up as 3060 LHR, 3080 LHR, etc - that would makes easier to follow....

Back
Top Bottom