Modded Tesla breaks speed record at 216mph! (video)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
A slightly modded Tesla Model S Plaid has hit a whopping 216mph in a test run. All they did to it was to add a "little box" that removed the software restriction limiting it to 175mph (not fast at all, no) and added better tyres, the rest remained at stock. Check out the speedo turning red when the car goes "too fast". Cute touch.

To put some perspective on what this means, petrol cars that can do this kind of speed are called hypercars, one up from supercars.

Examples include the Bugatti Veyron at 250mph and its successor, the Chiron at 300mph. It must be truly terrifying doing 300mph on the ground, no matter how well engineered, special track etc.

These speeds are so fast, that the big passenger jets can comfortably fly at these speeds, if a bit slow for them. Indeed, they land at something like 120mph or so.

Nerd level: really fast.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
For any muscle car fans from vintage, classic to present, I thought I would share the news that Dodge next-gen of the Challenger and Charger will no longer be gas powered. They will be all electric.:eek: I'm just stunned. I'm a big fan of cars and their power. I feel like Sheldon when he couldn't accept change, because everything was changing too fast 😀

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
That's a shame, it's just not the same, is it? Will things like Formula 1 disappear and all the other motorsports, replaced by their soulless electric counterparts?

Arantor

If it means we don't entirely fry the planet in our wastefulness, I think we might have to.

There will still be competitions of driving skill, just slightly different ones.

wolfdeer

That's a shame, it's just not the same, is it? Will things like Formula 1 disappear and all the other motorsports, replaced by their soulless electric counterparts?
I personally love F1 racing, but if replacing the sport with more environmentally friendly cars can help reduce air pollution, I'm for it.

Back
Top Bottom