Old and New, side by side

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Found a brilliant map site, lets you explore and old and newer map side by side to see how it has changed.

Move one map and the other moves too, plus it shows actual location on both maps. The great thing is you can change map types for old and new as you pan the location. On outer London some of the older map locations show just farmland so I find the best is to have Bing road map for modern one and for the old map maybe start with the OS 25 inch one, then switch to maybe OS 6 inch. Whatever works.

So far only tried London.

Geffers

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Found a brilliant map site, lets you explore and old and newer map side by side to see how it has changed.

Move one map and the other moves too, plus it shows actual location on both maps. The great thing is you can change map types for old and new as you pan the location. On outer London some of the older map locations show just farmland so I find the best is to have Bing road map for modern one and for the old map maybe start with the OS 25 inch one, then switch to maybe OS 6 inch. Whatever works.

So far only tried London.

Geffers

Cool map, love this kind of stuff. I be tinkering with this map this week!

Back
Top Bottom