Ongoing improvements to NerdZone and welcome to AndyB

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yesterday, I subbed to the extensive add-on suite by well known XenForo developer @AndyB. Not only are the add-ons very good, but Andy's taken a personal interest in using his skills and knowledge to help improve our forum, which is fantastic. He's therefore now on staff as an admin here as well and helping out with these ongoing improvements, so please welcome him to NerdZone. :)

If anyone runs their own XenForo forum, then I can highly recommend the $35 / year subscription.

Over time, some improvements will be under the hood, while others will be more visible.

His add-ons site is here:

His South Bay Riders forum is here:

Arantor

Heard a lot of good things, never taken the time to go looking what's on offer - mostly just because never had the time. Will take a look!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
btw one of the immediate visible improvements, is the removal of the redundant Home button at the top left as it did the same thing as Forums.

This was actually a hangover from the early days when I had XenForo configured to show Articles as the home page so those buttons did different things. When I reconfigured XF to show the forum list for the home page, I initially kept it there as I had expected to reconfigure it back to Articles for the home page. However, over time, I changed my mind and then just stopped noticing that it was a duplicate of Forums.

Back
Top Bottom