PES Has Been Renamed eFootball, and It's Now Fully Free-to-Play - Too Good to be True?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Reading this article, it sounds a little too good to be true to me.

A big company like Konami doesn't suddenly start to give away their prime asset for nothing and especially so when you consider the expensive licensing deals they sign with the major football clubs. No, I think what will happen is that they'll nickel and dime gamers to death with the upgrades, therefore, over time, making the game cost many times the price it did before, thus greatly increasing their profit. I wouldn't be surprised if certain features that we take for granted now will be a paid upgrade only option.

What's your take on it?

HEXdidnt

Not that I'm at all interested in football games to begin with, but I'd be very wary of anything coming from Konami these days.

Their reputation took a serious nosedive over Hideo Kojima's departure (and certain events leading up to it), they've been abusing or shelving many of their key IPs for years and I think they're one of the big names that's turning more toward slot machines (as in gambling) these days. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they turn it into some kind of subscription model monstrosity.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I agree. I think they’ll ruin the product. I play it on the PS4 and it’s got a strange, unintuitive and cumbersome interface as it is, so I can’t see the game improving overaofrpm this.

Back
Top Bottom