Proof videos

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Oh there were plenty of unfashionable moments in the 1980s, big hair, metal etc. (never mind that Queen’s most famous song was in 1975)

And don’t get me started on the 80s love of big padded shoulders in suits. It was ridiculous.
I had long hair in the late 70s into 80s. Even had an Affro for a spell. Nowt wrong with long 'barnet'.

Geffers

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
To add to the discussion on Autism/Asperger's.........Asperger's is on the spectrum of Autism. I've found that most people do not truly understand Autism and usually only see what the media chooses to show what Autism looks like. There are many more people with Asperger's and most are truly brilliant people. High functioning autistic people are also often brilliant and you may not even know they are on the spectrum. Some people on the spectrum may appear to show narcissistic behavior, but most often it's not intentional. People on the spectrum respond to social settings or relationship conflict a bit different as most on the spectrum just need time and a bit of space as change or conflict is often unsettling. When you give them time to reflect, they can then make decisions when they are ready with ease.

People with the Dark Triad personality type, just run!

Mental issues have always been, and may always be an issue as bad behaviour is often described as 'mental issues' My daughter is dyslexic, there are many umbrella terms used to lump things together, she was assessed as dyslexic but later that became 'learning difficulties'. She always struggled at school but went on to college, passed a typing course and is now a very fast touch typist. Modern technology such as spell check has helped but overall it was her effort that helped her overcome difficulties.

Geffers

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Mental issues have always been, and may always be an issue as bad behaviour is often described as 'mental issues' My daughter is dyslexic, there are many umbrella terms used to lump things together, she was assessed as dyslexic but later that became 'learning difficulties'. She always struggled at school but went on to college, passed a typing course and is now a very fast touch typist. Modern technology such as spell check has helped but overall it was her effort that helped her overcome difficulties.

Geffers
So true on how society looks at people that are "different" as having mental issues.

That's really excellent that your daughter is doing so well. Inspiring for all of us to persevere.

Crims

Wethermon
Controversial view, though I'll share:
It's about time I mention this, basically I boil down a lack of high quality things to purchase or enjoy. For example, Overwatch 2 is a mediocre game, though it's now £10 for some skins is worth the money because it's like capitalism, globally, which offers so little it's basically communism. Seeing the movies that are out I'll happily buy a movie provided it'll be for the pleasure of buying a indie film that I would enjoy. The thought arrived when I was considering all the unique shows on offer, and they're all mediocre at best. Petty purchases are actually fully justified, personally

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
The last post wasn't fluff:
The axiom of capitalism.
I referenced capitalism's roundabout way of tending towards subjective truth in a post in my Hot Takes thread. Right now the lack of value in modern life is in multiple ways, failing to represent audiences and the mainstay of people. What I'd like to do is have a topic so that we are able to view the failures of 2010s capital without siloing every project.

Assuming the majority of films aren't worth the time, I could start by whitelisting what movies are worth your time over the past 15 years.
For one, the movies I enjoy usually have less entertaining (though ultimately beneficial) stories. The movies we have are largely opposed to action and cartoonishly written, there's no relatable characters unless they're no-cause rebels. Without rebels the thriller genre ceases... and without heroes (because of rebels) there's no villains.

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
Continuing talk about postcapitalism. I remembered the earlier post about work styles of the future and would like to add.
The future will likely start to be more innovative, as we've passed the peak on offer. Game ideas on my favourite podcast are already improving, so it's likely a social thing - anyone else seen this themselves?
A show I like suggested that Gen Z will be inspired by content us millenials make and evolve further (so I (millennial) are the traditional archetype)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom